Insuring Laptop/Computer Bought From Ebay

Gunner786

Inactive User
Reaction score
I bought a laptop from ebay brand new.

Just wondering where i can get it insured from cos i dont want to have to go to pcworld and pay their ripoff prices and even then i dont think they insure stuff which isnt from their own store.

What make? If it's an Acer, I can sell you an Acer Advantage 3 year accidental Warranty...

if its brand new then it will have at least a 1 year warranty on the hardware from hp/compaq.

if where you have bought it from are not hp/compaq partners then they should have a list of places that are that would be able to deal with warranty claims.

Just to point out, the Acer warranty I have available is for new laptops only, and gives you an extra 3 years cover.

Most new items (no matter what they are) usually have a 1 year warranty. If you have home insurance with accidental cover then your sorted.

You didn't say wot your worried about ie if it goes kaboom or one of the kids make it go kaboom, the later usually happens in my house lol

dependent on your home insurance policy (if u have one) u might need to tell them about the lappy.

Some don't cover expensive items.

u say ure laptop is new in that case you should have registration card along with your manual and etc. send the card off or call them and register via phone...u'll have to provide ure serial number.

Also did you get a proper receipt from ebaty seller...u'll need that. if you go with ure home insurance then in the event of making a claim ure gonna have to tell them where u purchased it from and how much u paid for it.

dependent on your home insurance policy (if u have one) u might need to tell them about the lappy.

Some don't cover expensive items.

Thats true m8 i had to add mine separate to the house insurance, cost another £1 pm

its insurance im after,

in case of accidental damage or theft or one of the parts blowing up

Back