Insurance Policies

fitzybhoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
My wife and I have a joint insurance policy which is for our mortgage, in the event of death.

When we applied I was on anti-depressents and as a condition of acceptance the insurance company, hiked the price of the policy for the first 3 years then it reverted to a monthly sum for the remainder of the policy.

Now the doctor is suggesting that I go back on them for a short time. Do I have to notify the insurance company to avoid risking the policy through something undisclosed or does it not matter now that I am accepted. Also, if I tell them are they allowed to put the premium back up again

Thanks

is there anything in your contract that states you need to inform them of any changes like this at all?

hi soz i carnt help with the insurance part
what i carnt understand is why you say that anti depressant is a short term fix for you...
m8 i dont no your problems and will get slated for this by the form ....but throw them tables straight down the toilet you dont need them they can come addictive

It is a condition of ALL insurance policies that you disclose ANY information that might affect their risk at ANY time.

They will always look for a get out on claims.

It is a condition of ALL insurance policies that you disclose ANY information that might affect their risk at ANY time.

They will always look for a get out on claims.

And do they reserve the right to alter the premiums accordingly??

And do they reserve the right to alter the premiums accordingly??
check the policy first before taking this on face value, check the wording in it to see if you need to advise them.

It is entirely possible that you have to meet certain criteria etc before advising them about this, otherwise you would need to tell them each time you took a pain killer...

Don't have the policy to hand, will have to dig it out and have a look

Thanks Guys

Back