insurance advice needed !!

maarksparky

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi folks,

just had a letter this morning that my lcd tv warranty runs out in a week.. now.. I was thinking of getting a contents insurance which would also cover my washing machine and fridge instead of getting an individual cover for my tele..

my mate told me that it wont be covered under the contents insurance unless there was an accident damage.. is this right ??

please advise guys,.. I havnt got a contents at the mo..

Not really sure to be honest mate but you defintly want theft and accident damage protection.My mate had a 40 inch rear projection tv and he was arguing with his wife and she decided to throw a glass at him and it hit the tv and smashed the screen on it :( he claimed on there home insurance saying there little baby had throw her bottle at the tv and they replaced it and with the tv been a few year old they replaced it with a 50 in plasma as it was like for like value :).

when you insure your contents, they can also insure the tv for you, so in the event of anything happening you would be covered.

i always add accidental cover to my contents and only specify anything over 2.5k it used to be £1200
without accidental you wont be covered if something happened accidentally !!! to your tv
this wont cover you if it just breaks down !!! thats not how it works ...
well @ least mine do not cover for breakdown ...
If your company covers all household items in breakdown share with us who it is as i will be changing to them tbh ive never come across this ... i think your bud is spot on ...

i think what your m8 is saying, is that it isnt a warranty. it would only be covered against theft and accidental damage. whereas if something went wrong with the tv itself it would not get repaired / replaced by them.

You can take out a warranty for all your electrical goods against breakdown.

Try 'Warranty Direct ' ' Domgen' or google 'appliance warranties'

Household insurance will only cover for damage, not faults.

You can take out a warranty for all your electrical goods against breakdown.

Try 'Warranty Direct ' ' Domgen' or google 'appliance warranties'

Household insurance will only cover for damage, not faults.

cheers mate.. thats what I wanted.. got a quote and its £10.85 for 3 appliances which is magic..

not sure if its a reputable company ?? any experienes with warrantiesdirect.com ??

cheers mate.. thats what I wanted.. got a quote and its £10.85 for 3 appliances which is magic..

not sure if its a reputable company ?? any experienes with warrantiesdirect.com ??

Never used them but a lot of people use them for cars.
Glad to help mate:Clap:

Back