installing skin open pli4

grantsmith82

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI all
i have a DM800SE using open PLI4. i have tried all day to install additional skins onto the image without any luck.
i have tried putting the ipk into /temp and installing through "install locaal extension" on the image menu
i have also tried to telnet the command to install it nothing appear to work...

help...

yes but the skin isnt coming up in the options under menu,setup,systems,skins
the only way any additional skin will install is if i goto plug in menu and press green for "download plugin and select one from there (tho the one im after isnt listed)

i use the command
opkg install /tmp ***name of plugin**.ipk

i get the following

installing enigma2-skin-vm-hd (v2) on root.
configuring enigma2-skim-vm-hd
root@dm800se:~#

but when i check under skin menu no new skin installed to select.

Do you have enough space on receiver ?
DM800SE dosent have a lot of space left after installing the new images

how can i check the space? is there a way to install the skin onto the HDD?? or even delete some of the skins pre-installed that i dont want/need?

when you go to install the ipk, does it say installed with out errors or not installed without errors

is there a way to install the skin onto the hdd? if it is a internal memory capacity issue? or delete the pre installed skins?

is there a way to install the skin onto the hdd? if it is a internal memory capacity issue? or delete the pre installed skins?

Flash expander will do that. Dont use the HDD though it will take it over. Unplug the hdd so it carnt be use and use a usb stick run flash expander from the plugin menu and follow the prompts.

yeah thats the command i used on telnet. i did try a later version of open pli but the box wouldnt accept it. saying incorrect arcutecture or something?

I have found that chabs uploaded the skin on pli forum too, so I would think it would work too.
Hopefully @Chabs will see this thread and assist.

i relashed with open Atv and plug in works straight away.. although i find with Open ATV the picons to not disaply ( i get some kind of angel logo) and then with Open PLI the skin doesnt work
and with Vix i loose the WIFI option on network ... aaaahhh.. LOL

I have found that chabs uploaded the skin on pli forum too, so I would think it would work too.
Hopefully @Chabs will see this thread and assist.
Yes Abu Baniaz the skin should work with Pli. I have tested it. I think he was trying to install the old VM2 skin from that command.

He needs to ftp the new ipk file to /tmp and install using telnet

Then restart E2 and select the skin from skin setup...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back