installing my new sat dish

beezo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

my new raven gemini turned up this morning so im going to install it now.

when looking at dish finder on the web, it tells me all the values i need to set the dish to but my dish does not have any evalation values on the bracket so how do i do this?? also how do i skew the dish when there is nothing on the bracket to do this with. my bracket is dead on plumb so cant do it that way. im using multi lnb's

Last edited:
Is it just a fixed dish? if so then start with it being all most vertical, and aimed in the general direction of the sat you want, you will just have to make small movements to get it tweaked.

For the skew you can just turn the lnb a little to the side until you are happy with signal.

Frenchman

Thanx mate.

im just now trying to get a signal but cant.

i have pointed the dish in the general direction of the sat according to dish pointer and then im moving the dish up and down but the signal bar on my vu box isnt moving

what should i do??

when i go into tuner status, in reception settings. it says in configeration mode that there is nothing connected. what does this mean

Last edited:
Are you using just a single LNB? which sat are you tyring to get and what is the transponder you are using for test? if you can get a pic of the dish side on that would help.

Frenchman

Are you using just a single LNB? which sat are you tyring to get and what is the transponder you are using for test? if you can get a pic of the dish side on that would help.

Frenchman

im trying to get 28.2e. im using just 1 lnb for now which is a technomate gold TM4 QUAD lnb

cant get a pic until tomorrow now as its dark but ive just took the box down to a mate who has sly+ and put my box in place of his as his dish is obviously setup. anyway i still had no joy so its got to be something to do with the box??

what should i do???

reading digidudes 'how to install a motorised dish' he when onto a signal strength screen on the technnmate box and just moved the dish until he got the best ignal he could. is their something like this on a vu+ box??

P.S just thinking, but do i need to put an image on this box before i get any FTA channels or will it work straight out of the box??

Last edited:
Not sure about the setup of your box as I don't have one, but I would work on getting the config right on that first, if they use an enigma image you can normally tell it you have just one LNB, maybe there is also an option to turn on/off the LNB voltage, could be that it is turned off.

Also make sure when you are testing that you pick a transponder that is really live, had this before trying to line up a sat using a dead TP, check on Lyngsat etc.

Expect the dish will be easy once you sort out the STB.

Frenchman

do u know what the latest image is??

where can i get it???

thanx mate

when i go into tuner status, in reception settings. it says in configeration mode that there is nothing connected. what does this mean

this normaly means u havent selected the tuner m8
im not sure on they boxes but on dreambox that what it means
if u go to that config page again see if u can change that.

just a quick question lads slightly off topic would a 60cm sly dish pick up either 13e or 19e in Ireland?

You should be ok with that dish m8, maybe not every channel but you will get quite a few.

Frenchman

go to setup tuner config set lt to single sat just for now choose 28.2 and lnb 1.

Back