Installing Lepard Mac

yottabit

DW Member ++
Reaction score
LEOPARD**
Hi there, the problem this time is i am trying to install leopard mac OS i change the boot pri then set the cd as boot then when it boots up i do the usual go to cutomize and tick the third part drivers but there nothing much else i can select, then when i have done that i install it once installed it reboots the pc and a load of cmd type commands come up and it sticks at network configuration sucess and does not boot the OS i have tried installing it with a different file system it formatted it with the journal one so any ideas? i have an amd x2 5600 cpu 250gb hdd 2gb ram dell base unit, help greatly appreciated thanks.

Last edited:
Well tried it mate no luck, i've installed in numerous times with the same error keep occuring the "localhost configd[32]: Cound not establish network configuration: Success!" error. I tried not installing the lan drivers as well as disabling the lan card in the BIOS but still the same error, it sticks at localhost configd[32]: Cound not establish network configuration: Success! but i can hear the sound in the backround and it seems as if everything is working apart from its just no loading the GUI up and sticking at that error message, with that said i cant see it being the cpu or the fact its a dell (Sata drives). Any ideas at all?
Thanks,
Nick.

UPDATE**

Heres two more pics i took:

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

And heres a video i took to help you understand more where i'm at:

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/do...ardOSError.avi

Thanks,
Nick.

this looks more like the installer failing to work with your 64bit cpu now, more than anything else.

Leopard is apparently a 64bit OS, but again would have been designed to work on 64bit Intel cpus. Right now it looks like the installer has just failed to configure the system correctly - do you get the opportunity to do it manually?

this looks more like the installer failing to work with your 64bit cpu now, more than anything else.

Leopard is apparently a 64bit OS, but again would have been designed to work on 64bit Intel cpus. Right now it looks like the installer has just failed to configure the system correctly - do you get the opportunity to do it manually?

I dont think so mate, i boot up the system it asks for starup options then boots up like that and sticks at that sucess message

I've just tried the Zeph version with no luck it dont even get to the installation process, so thats the Zeph and Leo4all versions both tried, i'm the trying kalyway version soon and i'll get back to you.

Back