iPhone Installed Apps

neilhal18

Inactive User
Reaction score
Why is it once i have successfully downloaded an app from installous and then it says successfully installed it doesn't appear in the menu from apps to choose from.

This happens to a few of the apps ive downloaded.

Have you somehow enabled hide icons in winterboard or something? I think that can hide stuff from you, but not 100% sure.

cheers but ive not touched the winterboard settings since i installed cydia and installous :S

On my 3G if the app fails to install for whatever reason, maybe I lose connection half way through the download, it will still say that the app has been installed even though it hasn't.

it successfully downloaded, 100% an the installed, but doesnt appear :S annoying!

have u resprung after mate , if u havent get either bossprefs or even better sbsetting , have u installed them by the way ,i mean once u download an app within install0us if u have got auto install ticked it wont install , so u will have to go to the download tab and install the app

Last edited:
ye i turned off auto install, i resprung, nothing appears, ill get sbsetting and bossprefs (wat do they do?)

ye i turned off auto install, i resprung, nothing appears, ill get sbsetting and bossprefs (wat do they do?)

makes it easier to repring your phone plus lots of toggles for other apps so u defo install the apps as u
IMG_0016-1.png

boss prefs
IMG_0017-1.png

installed bossprefs and installed sbsettings but it didnt appear?

them 2 apps are from cydia , brossprefs should an icon sb u wont , i think these are either hidden somewhere, have u tried a fresh install see if thats sorts it out, are u on

just forund this mate dont know if it will help but worth a try

Tutorial: How to Fix Installous Problems in iPhone 3.0

Update 2: Latest is Installous 3.1.10. This already includes all the programs I listed below including AppSync so you don’t have to install them separately. Make sure you’re on iPhone OS 3.0 and up. You may get some error messages during the installation of Installous but just ignore. If you have problems installing an app, try setting the Native Installation “ON” or “OFF” and install again.

Update: Try the new Installous 2.0.3 in Cydia before performing the fix below. I tried it and works great.

Many have reported problems downloading cracked apps from Installous after jailbreaking to iPhone 3.0 firmware–such as “unable to find executable”, “Script failed. Unable to decompress”, previously working apps no longer work, white icons, deleted apps, etc.

To fix these problems, you need to do the following:

In Cydia, upgrade all essential files when prompted.

Re-install the following files in Cydia (use the search function and if not found, add the Source first):

Cydia Installer (Source: Index of /)
Erica Utilities (Source: Index of /)
UUID Generator
Darwin CC Tools
unzip
gawk

Installous (Source: Welcome to Cydia.hackulo.us!)
If you haven’t already installed an app on your iPhone from the Apple App Store (a free app will do), install one now.

Open Installous and Download an app. Install only after downloading. Check to make sure the app is working.

To sync cracked apps to iTunes, install AppSync for OS 3.0 from Cydia. Reboot

Note: If after syncing to iTunes, your apps failed to transfer to your iPhone, unselect all applications in iTunes and sync. Then select all applications and sync again.

just forund this mate dont know if it will help but worth a try

Tutorial: How to Fix Installous Problems in iPhone 3.0

Update 2: Latest is Installous 3.1.10. This already includes all the programs I listed below including AppSync so you don’t have to install them separately. Make sure you’re on iPhone OS 3.0 and up. You may get some error messages during the installation of Installous but just ignore. If you have problems installing an app, try setting the Native Installation “ON” or “OFF” and install again.

Update: Try the new Installous 2.0.3 in Cydia before performing the fix below. I tried it and works great.

Many have reported problems downloading cracked apps from Installous after jailbreaking to iPhone 3.0 firmware–such as “unable to find executable”, “Script failed. Unable to decompress”, previously working apps no longer work, white icons, deleted apps, etc.

To fix these problems, you need to do the following:

In Cydia, upgrade all essential files when prompted.

Re-install the following files in Cydia (use the search function and if not found, add the Source first):

Cydia Installer (Source: Index of /)
Erica Utilities (Source: Index of /)
UUID Generator
Darwin CC Tools
unzip
gawk

Installous (Source: Welcome to Cydia.hackulo.us!)
If you haven’t already installed an app on your iPhone from the Apple App Store (a free app will do), install one now.

Open Installous and Download an app. Install only after downloading. Check to make sure the app is working.

To sync cracked apps to iTunes, install AppSync for OS 3.0 from Cydia. Reboot

Note: If after syncing to iTunes, your apps failed to transfer to your iPhone, unselect all applications in iTunes and sync. Then select all applications and sync again.

cheers for the help, still cant get some apps to install...

nevermind, i can live with it, the apps that wont install are stupid ones anyways!

Back