Inhibiting Card Sharing Attacks

I'm no expert but this sounds like it was written years ago ?
They are talking about adsl connections

I'm no expert but this sounds like it was written years ago ?
They are talking about adsl connections

Interesting that there was no date on the paper, that I saw anyway, maybe in some .PDF metadata?

There were references from 2005.

The connection data rate tables did highlight that T lines were symmetrical and upload capability may be limiting factor. Not sure if they mention caching of keys anywhere though.

Is it the begining of the end of sharing given that it states

"This is a possible advantage for broadcasters as they are sure that only legitimate users can view their emissions, as a smart card needs to be
present."

Was thinking it might in some way be related to what happened with Sly Italia not so long ago.

Is it the begining of the end of sharing given that it states

"This is a possible advantage for broadcasters as they are sure that only legitimate users can view their emissions, as a smart card needs to be
present."

Was thinking it might in some way be related to what happened with Sly Italia not so long ago.

didnt sky italia add extra numbers to there keys or something i read about it but i cant find the post now

I'm surprised Sly haven't stopped putting the serial under the box/ in the menu sytem (or have they already) also would it be that difficult for them to hit each box with a new boxkey related to the serial but using some formula known only to them?

I'm surprised Sly haven't stopped putting the serial under the box/ in the menu sytem (or have they already) also would it be that difficult for them to hit each box with a new boxkey related to the serial but using some formula known only to them?

im pretty sure the bk is in the box flash mate and the card pairs to the box i know when my mate worked at ntl he said the cards he was handling where blank.

This just came up on another forum :)

I was going to post it but I did a search and here we are :D

The info is old, I remember looking at this years ago..It wasn't based on CCcam or anything like that...

Anyone remember the days of CW sharing for season interfaces via the www...

It still hasn't been deployed and N3 is a near luxury (atm) with its 10sec CW cycles..

I can't see them doing anything to N3 tbh as they are really gearing up for IPTV which should pretty much nail it shut..

im pretty sure the bk is in the box flash mate and the card pairs to the box i know when my mate worked at ntl he said the cards he was handling where blank.

Bang on mate, we used to buy them in bulk of engineers in the good old days ;)

The cards are matched to the box on icomms, and then sent a hit to activate the card. Thats it.

Back