****ing Police!

BigBadMan

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ha got your attention now, the title is HELPing Police.

In the last few months while casually passing my window on way to kettle I've observed the following acts.

2 young scamps age 18+ stealing tools from a container for the towers that are getting building work done to them.

2 drunk people having a wee sit down and fishing small packs of white stuff from the rear of their pants, dividing them up and answering mobile calls and passing these packs to people who apparently randomly approached them.

2 'ladies' knocking on the door of a neighbor and showing him all the lovely items from various shops that they had stuffed into 2 bulging bags and as no one stopped them leaving the store, they didn't feel the need to pay for yet receive money for...

So what would you do? Nothing? Same as voting imo, you don't vote. You don't get to complain about the government you now have.

I phoned the police on one of these and within a hour people were arrested, statements were taken and people went to jail. The Police work if you help them.

Too common are the threads moaning about the police but I see it as if you don't step forward when a crime is being committed then you might as well help the criminal (and don't give me any crap about stealing cable etc I don't)

Will I be called a grass? let's see....

In general I have found the police to be totally useless. I rang them once to report a crime that was in progress. They could have caught the offenders red handed, instead they turned up the following day to take a statement, lol.

In another incident a mate of mine was punched by a bouncer in what must have been a case of mistaken identity, my friend called over a policeman - who spoke to the bouncer, then arrested my friend who had just been assaulted for D&D (he doesn't even drink!!!).

If people could have a little more faith that the police will actually do their job, they would get far more help from the public

It depends, sometimes they can be helpful and sometimes not. Unfortunately usually their hands are tied, they have far too much work to do and not enough police to cover it.

Ha got your attention now, the title is HELPing Police.

In the last few months while casually passing my window on way to kettle I've observed the following acts.

2 young scamps age 18+ stealing tools from a container for the towers that are getting building work done to them.

2 drunk people having a wee sit down and fishing small packs of white stuff from the rear of their pants, dividing them up and answering mobile calls and passing these packs to people who apparently randomly approached them.

2 'ladies' knocking on the door of a neighbor and showing him all the lovely items from various shops that they had stuffed into 2 bulging bags and as no one stopped them leaving the store, they didn't feel the need to pay for yet receive money for...

So what would you do? Nothing? Same as voting imo, you don't vote. You don't get to complain about the government you now have.

I phoned the police on one of these and within a hour people were arrested, statements were taken and people went to jail. The Police work if you help them.

Too common are the threads moaning about the police but I see it as if you don't step forward when a crime is being committed then you might as well help the criminal (and don't give me any crap about stealing cable etc I don't)

Deffo not a grass by no means ...the problem is most ppl r scared to talk as it might effect there fams

but mate well in to ya nice job

Cheers Speedy,

@edcase unfortunately the police are so understaffed that they can't get to the scene in time, my sister works at the police call center and there are massive cuts to come :(

Not in my book mate.

This shit is happening on your doorstep, who the fook wants any of this crap going on near their house.

Well done. That's a few more scum off the streets.

there must be massive cuts on them buying decent footwear as years ago you could see them walking the estate but rarely now you see them going past in a car or van

a number of years ago i was coming out of car park when 2 young lads passed in front of my car one of there jackets opened and around his neck was tied a handbag ladies one not there type, followed them to local park where they sat down meanwhile i dropped into garda station to tell what i saw,2 cars squad car and ddu car went up to park i came from different route to see young thugs searched and items seized,think they were passing out credit cards to friends,all arrested and charged,boy did they get a shock when the gardai came
lol,luckily no old woman was bashed for her bag but window in car smashed and bag robbed.the owner did not even know she was robbed :Clap::Clap:good result but probably out again in no time to do more harm.:grab:

i have saw quite a few things and also heard things.
I keep my mouth shut due to where i live.
Also with having a relative who is in the police makes people suspicious.lol

In general I have found the police to be totally useless. I rang them once to report a crime that was in progress. They could have caught the offenders red handed, instead they turned up the following day to take a statement, lol.

In another incident a mate of mine was punched by a bouncer in what must have been a case of mistaken identity, my friend called over a policeman - who spoke to the bouncer, then arrested my friend who had just been assaulted for D&D (he doesn't even drink!!!).

If people could have a little more faith that the police will actually do their job, they would get far more help from the public

Same here, but 3 days later they came to take statement told them I didn't have time....
some one told me quickest way to get the police out would have been to say "Don't worry I have a gun I will sort it myself"

too right grass them. don't give it a 2nd thought. Do it anonymously to save any comeback.

There are different sorts of crime which need different approaches.

Crimes against the person or property, then yes help the police.

Crimes against big corporate entities like Virgin, then hell no.

I don't think your a grass at all m8, but tell them I'm selling the odd DVD to m8's then I might change my mind. :)

Well it depends on how odd the DVD is, if it's Pig in Knickers 5 then you need help...;)

good on you mate nothing wrong with getting scum like that out of your neighbourhood.

it would be nice to have an iphone or android app that sends live feed to be recorded by a police computer, you could walk right up to the perps filming them and any retaliation you get will only make their day in court worse for them

In my fairly short life when ever i have done the right thing and informed the police of things happening to me or others i get the usual. "Nothing we can do" crap from them.

I have zero faith in the police, in my opinion they are far too focused on motoring offences than anything else.

Back