In light of whats happening on ambits which SB do i need

sb5100 is a bitch so i would say 4200

here is a bit to read about the orange modem in link above taken from another site

" This modem is also known as the "Orange" modem, its the Diagnostic modem ISP's would use assist them in developing or testing on a proper DOCSIS Cable modem network. The only difference between this and the original SB4200 is a serial port on the back. "

anyone know where to buy a 4200E I bought a 4200I off ebay later realising I needed an E version

E works in EXCW
I TW + NTL

sb4200E, sb4200I.........

Hi All,

I am just in the process of buying a sb4200. I was under the impression that it didn't matter if it was an I or an E model as it could be changed via a firmware flash...... is this true?

If so is the process easy as I can't seem to find any tutorials on this, also what would be needed to do this?

Please post as many links as possible for the sb4200's as I am a n00b to the surfboards and need all the help I can get.

I can say that the model I am thinking of buying has had it's firmware upgraded and I have been told that all I need to do is go to 192.168.100.1/hack.html to change the mac etc.

The firmware is SB4200-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.02.hex will I be able to use it in ex C&W area?

Like I said I am a n00b to the sb's so take it easy on me, and sorry for all the questions..........

I'm not an expert but have learnt from my own painful experience.
No surfboard with the an i at the end will work in ex cw are,which is euro docsis.
I did see something were it said a 4100(no i at the end) was duel docsis, but double check just in case.
Incase anyone(like me) doesn't know what docsis they are ,there is an easy way to tell if they have digital tv:
Bbc 1 is at channel number one and i think qvc is at channel 20.
Then your euro bloody docsis!
Any thing else and your docsis and your laughing!
Unless someone has messed with it using favorite channels?
Again double check cos i don't watch telly any more and the stb is broken( all the eights,three fat ladies)
Someone will tell you that you can just change the frimware,but this is not true.
If you get the motorola pdf of a sb'e' and a sb'i' and compare them there is a difference in some mega hertz thing tuner or something.
And that's that.
What a bummer, but at least you know now.
Sell you sb'i' and fork out for a sb'e' and you'll save hours and hours , and days of days on disapointment.

sb4200E

Thanks all,

So am I right in presuming that an E version sb4200 WILL work in Ex C&W?

Thanks in advance.

E=eurodocsis, if that's what u need then yea

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Cool!

Just bought one, should arrive early next week!!!!!!

Thanks for all ya help so far peeps, just reading through some tutorials on hacking and slahing it when I get it. Will let you know how it goes once I get it and hopefully I can be of assistance to others who may need help with it.

From what I have read they are VERY easy to do! In fact they seem a little to good to be true!

Will keep you posted.........

Time for a beer me thinks.....................

:Cheers:

It will make you suffer before it gives up it's sweet 10 megabytes per second.
How'd you get it so quick.
I'm in the same euro boat as you and have got to wait!!!

Got it via buy it now on FleeBay. been in contact with the seller and he's posting it first thing tomorrow morning for me.

It's like waiting for Christmas Morning :xmas: ..........lol

Hope they are as good as they are cracked up to be............

10mb here I come...............: tosser : Oh yeah, 10mb gonna hit the sweet spot...........lol

Back