impossible to install ipk applications on solo

mehdibleu

Reaction score
hello,

As it is mentionned in topic's title, i cannot install ipk application on my solo (blackhole 2.1.6) for unknown reason.
Everytime i try to install ipk application either directly on the solo or through telnet (DCC) i get error message that you can see below :

Collected errors :
parse_from_stream_nomalloc, missing new line character at end of file.
parse_from_stream_nomalloc, missing new line character at end of file.

I know that factory reset could probably resolve the problem but i woud like to avoid doing that.

So any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

where did you get the .ipk from and what is it?

the errors above it looks like there is an error with the .ipk. do other .ipks install ok?

what image are you using?

thanks for the reply.

I got the ipk application from a friend of mine and i found it on another forum as well on which i am member for a long time, the ipk application is called suptv and allows people to watch many channels from several bouquets once it is installed on the solo and works only with a code that is given to you for a certain sum of money (50 euros).

i tried to install another ipk application (enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2m3u2bouquet_0.7.4_all) and it didn't install as well but i got different error message that you can see below :

Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2m3u2bouquet (0.7.4) to root...
enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2m3u2bouquet: unsatisfied recommendation for enigma2
plugin-extensions-epgimport
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enig
a2-plugin-extensions-e2m3u2bouquet:
* python-argparse *

i mentionned the image that i'm using in first post (BlackHole 2.1.6).

cant remember last time i used an ipk file but was that not going to temp and installed from there on vix so are other images different?

thanks for the reply.

I got the ipk application from a friend of mine and i found it on another forum as well on which i am member for a long time, the ipk application is called suptv and allows people to watch many channels from several bouquets once it is installed on the solo and works only with a code that is given to you for a certain sum of money (50 euros).

i tried to install another ipk application (enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2m3u2bouquet_0.7.4_all) and it didn't install as well but i got different error message that you can see below :

Collected errors:
* python-argparse *

i mentionned the image that i'm using in first post (BlackHole 2.1.6).

Are you installing via telnet if not try a telnet install.

If you are i suggest the image is on the old side and that could be the reason.

thanks for the reply.

Collected errors:
* python-argparse *

i mentioned the image that i'm using in first post (BlackHole 2.1.6).

Im assuming it installs ok on your mates receiver?

try updating the package manager running the command below in telnet
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
you shouldn't get any errors if your image version is still supported as it will be able to download the packages, do a reboot after update

after updating try installing the enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2m3u2bouquet_0.7.4_all again.

if that doesnt install its more than likely your image thats the problem.

Are you installing via telnet if not try a telnet install.

If you are i suggest the image is on the old side and that could be the reason.

Either by using telnet or directly from the solo, it's the same problem.

Im assuming it installs ok on your mates receiver?

try updating the package manager running the command below in telnet
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
you shouldn't get any errors if your image version is still supported as it will be able to download the packages, do a reboot after update

after updating try installing the enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2m3u2bouquet_0.7.4_all again.

if that doesnt install its more than likely your image thats the problem.

i did what you said but nothing changed, the same error message appeared after trying to install enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2m3u2bouquet_0.7.4_all.ipk either through telnet or directly from the solo.

For your information, i haven't installed ipk applications on the solo since 2015 when i had installed a new image (blackhole 2.1.6) and at that time i remember having installed ipk application (tspanel 7.3) successfully and from that day, i have never installed any more ipk applications until a few days ago.

it has to be your image if its happening with .ipks that are known to work

but how can you explain that i was able to install ipk application (tspanel) successfully after i installed the image blackhole 2.1.6 in 2015 ?

because at the time your image was current and therefore was able to access the feeds to download and install the dependencies needed for that .ipk to install.

any thing could of happened to the receivers file system since you installed it in 2015 that could of also caused the issue.

always best to have a current image on the receiver so you can access feeds and install dependencies.

because at the time your image was current and therefore was able to access the feeds to download and install the dependencies needed for that .ipk to install.

any thing could of happened to the receivers file system since you installed it in 2015 that could of also caused the issue.

always best to have a current image on the receiver so you can access feeds and install dependencies.

ok that's what i thought, to some corrupted file or something like that which damages the image by preventing the ipk app to be installed on it.
so i suppose i have to think about doing a factory reset or changing to current image as you suggested.
Anyway, thanks for the help.

i dont like factory reset as can be messy for some boxes ,first is box a clone as different images apply?not sure how long ago support finished?

ok that's what i thought, to some corrupted file or something like that which damages the image by preventing the ipk app to be installed on it.
so i suppose i have to think about doing a factory reset or changing to current image as you suggested.
Anyway, thanks for the help.

Change the image to a later version.

I also have this problem, changing image? only solution?

Back