Important Spyware Info

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Questions about spyware protection/removal keep coming up on our forum i thought i would post this info, which programs to use etc etc.

this web site is very good and is updated regularly when supposedly new programs come out, there is a lot to read but i think the info looks valid and well reserched.

they have listed all the search and kill type programs and have reviewed (they dont hold back if the program is crap they say its crap)

h**p://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

ps if u dont want to read the whole site the info on the best programs to use is very near the bottom.

older post that have this url referenced (posted first by damage and also by son of fred)

Just installed Spy Sweeper the other day. Unfortunately there's no review for it.: shocked2 : shocked2

the site has changed slightly since i posted last year, there are so many poor/bad/dangerous products that that now takes the important area of telling people what NOT to use.

webroot spysweeper is mentioned 3/4 of the way down the whole page under trusted products. (i use that myself)

looks good will try on next PC thats BAD

Dont wait to install it on a bad pc the actuall purpose of spyware blaster is to close the stable door before the horse bolts as for removing spyware once its installed i dont think thats the purpose of the program the program i used to use for removal was Ewido which has now been bought out by Grisoft and renamed AVG AnitSpyware they have a 30 Day free trial
http://www.grisoft.com/doc/31/us/crp/0?prd=asw

Spyware Doctor give false positives, I would suggest no-one use it.
Try it if you like......... it will always report false positives. (this is in the free trial version)
And of course, it will not clean them in the trial version.

Aside from that, even my virus software picks up dodgy .tmp files that it has as 'riskware'

NOT TO BE TRUSTED

cheers hatab a very good post trying out a new spy ware app was very blinkered before i looked at this site once again thanks

Try SPYBOT, this is free and very powerful as long as you have the regular updates. Works everytime for me mate

One program I like to remove spyware and stop it from coming in is Spyware Terminator.... I read about it in a computer magazine .... it not only removes spyware when it scans the computer but it also has a real time protection feature which means it stops the spyware from entering the computer in the first place.

Back