Important question as a new Dbox user

jimmcfad62

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys, just bought a Sagem Dbox 2 and found this site a great help. I would like to ask a question. As a t*l*pest user, I took out my cable box altogether and replaced it with my dbox. Is that ok to do, or should I split the feed and keep both connected???

In theory, there is a small chance being found out if you don't keep your original box connected via a splitter, which is what most people around here do.

If you pay for your other cable box, then you'll need to keep it connected. Otherwise tele*est might get suspicious. It would be the same effect as having talkback cut.

Split the feed so that both boxes are connected. You dont need your other box connected to the TV, but you might wanna put it in a different room... the bedroom for example :)

DBOX and a subbed box should always be connected at the same time. Unless of course you are going to cancel your TV subscription (this seems to be the general trend here... people get the TV package, then buy a dbox, then cancel the TV... hmm).

its best to keep the minimum package i think cause they allways phone up and try to give you freebies to up your package,i have my t***pest box upstairs in the bedroom and so the wife can go up there and watch her soaps and things and she has at least got other channles to play about with the deal i am on this month is free subscription for 1 month last month they gave me free movies for a week i think its because i keep telling them am gonna go back to sky :Cheers:

or just get cable broadband .. or cancel it all i guess that would be the safes option .. regarding if they dont remove the cable they cant realy complain that you break any T&C you have with them.

cooltool said:
or just get cable broadband .. or cancel it all i guess that would be the safes option .. regarding if they dont remove the cable they cant realy complain that you break any T&C you have with them.

I wouldn't suggest this as they might unplug you from the green box. I would keep the original set up as my mums box was unplugged and telepest gave her a call to see if there was a problem with the box. Could have been a coinsidence as they then tried to get her to upgrade her package so it was probably just a sales ploy but you never know.

de_deej

minimum subscription to broadband. never had the tv package, got gerold upstairs dox downstairs. and all is well for over 2 month now... what can i say. i dont even have the phone package I just bought a voip phone and free landline calls, 3p a min mobile calls and also any mobile or land line can phone me as long as my pc is on for free. (even if you have 1p credit on your mobile it still works. IF YOUR GONNA DO IT. DO IT CHEAP...thats what i say

Whats this business about the phones? I dont undersatand

so far i havent found a "disconected" cable. but i agree probaly best way is just get the broadband package. spend the money you safe on that and get fast internet .. btw whens the promised 10mbit coming?

Back