IMPORTANT FOR FIRESTICK USERS

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
AMAZON MAY BE ATTEMPTING TO BLOCK ANY INSTALLS OF APPS THAT ARE NOT FROM THERE STORE OR APPS THAT MAY BE USED FOR TV ETC.
THIS IS THE SAME FOR PAID SERVICES AND FREE APPS

SUPPOSED TO BE FOR THE NEW 4K FIRESTICK BUT JUST TO MAKE SURE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW

It is RUMORED that the Mighty Amazon are blocking downloads on the latest 4K version of the Firestick ! This includes any player, perfect player etc or smart ipeeeteeeveee and others as well as as k#di too

So to protect your stick from the next Amazon update it is suggested

You turn off the Data collection and app usage data in the settings under preferences and security . Would also recommend turning off auto updates .

TO PROTECT OLDER STICK SEE BELOW, ALSO ADVISED TO FOLLOW ON 4K AS WELL

Settings/Preferences/privacy settings

Device Usage Data TURN OFF
Collect App Usage Data TURN OFF

Settings/Preferences/Data Monitoring TURN OFF

Settings/My Fire TV/Developer Options

ADB Debugging TURN OFF

Settings/Applications/Appstore

Automatic Updates TURN OFF

STATEMENT FROM TWITTER

“Strong rumour on twitter this is going to happen between 23 and 28th when amazon is pushing new update for 4k firesticks if it turns out it
Just in case rumours are true
How to block software updates on the Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick

apart from adb debugging all the rest were set to off

i have always had Collect App Usage Data OFF - after the last update it turned it ON so it worth everyone who uses it double checking.

Just checked all mine, it was already set up like that, still worth a check though.

Cheers.

Mine updated even with all the above settings OFF. I had no control over it and although I could install Kodi a few minutes ago, I can't install from zip or repo using the normal methods in Kodi's menu. I located the zip file path online, dropped it to the stick's "external storage" using FTP, however even though the zip installed, the Run and Configure buttons are greyed out. Same applies for Kodi Add-on repository.

So, I'm either missing a step or they've blocked addons in the latest FS build.

Have you installed kodi 17.6? as Leia 18 needs repo's specially made for it. The best way to install a repo is by using file manager and adding source repo url I find.

Last edited:
Wouldn't allow source repos from internal URL, it's 17.6. Just been at it again and managed to get some addons to install and run from the zip I downloaded, no matter what repo I used. All recent ones from this month on Youtube, none would install. Let's put it down to user mis-op unless it happens to loads of others.

just installed final 18.0 leia on stick did a restore all good so far confluence skin

smaller in size less cache ideal for stick

I take it you have enabled d/l from unknown sources in kodi system addons?

Sneaker, yeah was the first thing to be directed to in the YT vids

What have you tried to install, i'll check it.

Back