Immigration lawyers

I think there is more to going into Afghanistan than simply for revenge, more to do with economics
Afghanistan does own quite a large amount of mineral wealth but in a country with no infrastructure no one will ever get it out the ground, impossible. Even if mines were opened I'm sure the Taliban will put paid to that.

Afghanistan doesn't have the same importance to the USA as say a Kuwait. The people of Afghanistan have depended on the UK and USA forces to keep peace for the past 20 years.
There is no solution other than the people of Afghanistan take the fight to them. The Taliban run the export of opimum in Afghanistan, say no more.

This taxi driver from Liverpool ?. He goes out "after" the Taliban took control of the country to save relatives. If that was the case then why did he take his wife and kids with him full well knowing it was such a dangerous place or were they already over there ?.

Again, things like that make no sense non what so ever

Last edited:
Afghanistan does own quite a large amount of mineral wealth but in a country with no infrastructure no one will ever get it out the ground, impossible. Even if mines were opened I'm sure the Taliban will put paid to that.

Afghanistan doesn't have the same importance to the USA as say a Kuwait. The people of Afghanistan have depended on the UK and USA forces to keep peace for the past 20 years.
There is no solution other than the people of Afghanistan take the fight to them. The Taliban run the export of opimum in Afghanistan, say no more.

This taxi driver from Liverpool ?. He goes out "after" the Taliban took control of the country to save relatives. If that was the case then why did he take his wife and kids with him full well knowing it was such a dangerous place or were they already over there ?.

Again, things like that make no sense non what so ever

Aye, There is a bit more than that with regard economics, think back 20 years what was going on in the middle east, Afghanistan will decend into anarchy in every sense of the word. ISIS v Taliban v Afghan government forces (as was) + any other war lord. think what weapons/planes etc the Americans have left. Life is so cheap in the middle east.

My opinion is, They went in after 9/11 chasing the perpetrators and got bogged down chasing shadows.

Let's not forget Osama Bin Laden's al-Qaeda and its Afghan arab fighters were C.I.A funded when it armed the Mujahideen to fight the Soviet Union.

The Soviet's then spent 10 years in Afghanistan fighting a war they could never win.

But back to the thread regarding people getting legal help. Yes there will be lots who worked close with the British forces but were and how do you draw the line ?. At the end of the day the Afghan people were aiming for the same goal, to rid their land of the Taliban.
Are we talking cleaners, chefs, gardeners anyone who had any contact ?. Its a sad state of affairs and I truly feel sorry for the people of Afghanistan.
This is why the Taliban like to control their women otherwise they won't have another generation. To win they have to break the generation ideology chain, this would be the best way to rid them of the Taliban for good.

I may be being a bit thick here, WHO decides there is a case and to spend god knows what on legal aid?

I think there is more to going into Afghanistan than simply for revenge, more to do with economics. AND I don't think the "we" is correct for 9/11
You are correct on the economics on both why we went in and why we supported the US after 9/11. But we defiantly did not go there out of the goodness of our hearts to help the people.

As for legal aid its really hard these days and there are layed out criteria, so if legal aid is being applied it must have bet them

Well if it was for economics then someone got it awfully wrong. It cost the Americans $300 million a day for 20 years (over $2 trillion) and £22 billion was spent by us.

I've a feeling neither country made that kind of money back that's unless both countries started selling smack outside every off licence

Well if it was for economics then someone got it awfully wrong. It cost the Americans $300 million a day for 20 years (over $2 trillion) and £22 billion was spent by us.

I've a feeling neither country made that kind of money back that's unless both countries started selling smack outside every off licence
The US done it for revenge of 9/11, and if we did not support them it would have ruined us in so many ways including economy, I would hat to say how much we would lose on that

I have never understood why, unlike the Jews fleeing oppression from the Germans during the 1930s and early 1940s who either went back home after the war was over to help rebuilt their countries or stayed in the countries that gave them shelter and which most assimilated into the culture and traditions of those countries that most of the people claiming to be fleeing from Muslim countries rarely assimilate into the countries they go to and once they have been given the right to remain often go back home regularly on holidays to see their families and relatives or to marry but even if the regime is overthrown they never go back to help to rebuild their countries.

Maybe we should only give so called asylum seekers and refugees the right to remain for only a couple of years, especially in cases of regime change, then they must be returned to help rebuild their country to make way for us to temporarily help others claiming asylum.

The US done it for revenge of 9/11, and if we did not support them it would have ruined us in so many ways including economy, I would hat to say how much we would lose on that
Na I'm not having it, we followed suit because of the terrorist threat posed to us after 9/11 and got in a rut. We have more terrorist threats in a year than the USA.

These days were geographically easier to get at and it's a doddle to get into the country.

Just get a dinghy and head for the North French coast, then claim asylum

Easy

Back