Images imbedded in folders

jaffa

Inactive User
Reaction score
Don't really know if I am explaining this right but I will try.

When I open "my videos" there is an embedded image of a folder with a video camera in it.

When I open "my music" folder there is an image with a folder and a music symbol in it.

Are these images coded into it or can they be changed, I dont mean windows blinds or anything, I mean can I change them to whatever I want as an embedded image.

thanks in advance for any replies. Just wondering.

Don't really know if I am explaining this right but I will try.

When I open "my videos" there is an embedded image of a folder with a video camera in it.

When I open "my music" folder there is an image with a folder and a music symbol in it.

Are these images coded into it or can they be changed, I dont mean windows blinds or anything, I mean can I change them to whatever I want as an embedded image.

thanks in advance for any replies. Just wondering.
i think u can what os r u using

http://www.rocketdownload.com/program/folder-icon-xp-12557.html

This is untested but worth a try.

create a file called desktop.ini in the folder that you want to change the icon of.

put this in it and save the file.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

change the IconFile parameter to the location of the icon you want to use and put your name on the owner information line.

log off and log back in again and it should work

Thx notmeatall3.....Will give that a go tomorrow. To much grape juice already tonight...lol.

I downloaded one of the folder icons but that only changes the actual icon of the folder. I want to change the icon when the folder is opened but I am sure one of those links davidh posted will do it aswell.

thx for help guys, as I sadi I was only curious and would be nice to know.

Back