harveybham

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey people i need a new image at the moment i have sportster uk04 but i wanna upgrade i need to have at least a full working epf on all channels including front row and all the other features including the option to scan with bruteforce and the other two can any 1 give me a gud image ? i would like to stick with sportster but if there is any others that will be fine.

The three most recent images out are:

NextGen 19.11.05 Fixed EPG by gav12345
enigmaX 18.11.05 Revision 2.1 by me
Sportster Pro 1.02 (rc016) by de_deej

Out of the above, only the nextgen image has full EPG.
My enigmaX image only has limited EPG, and de_deej's only has EPG for one programme ahead.
N0NE of the above have front row.

There really isnt much point in using 'bruteforce' scans anymore; as the "CableUK Sym6952" and "CableUK Sym6887" options do exactly the same thing but are quicker.

So its a tough decision really.
You could always go for an older image; but then you are sacrificing quality and stability...

Liam

liamcrayden said:
The three most recent images out are:

NextGen 19.11.05 Fixed EPG by gav12345
enigmaX 18.11.05 Revision 2.1 by me
Sportster Pro 1.02 (rc016) by de_deej

Out of the above, only the nextgen image has full EPG.
My enigmaX image only has limited EPG, and de_deej's only has EPG for one programme ahead.
N0NE of the above have front row.

There really isnt much point in using 'bruteforce' scans anymore; as the "CableUK Sym6952" and "CableUK Sym6887" options do exactly the same thing but are quicker.

So its a tough decision really.
You could always go for an older image; but then you are sacrificing quality and stability...

Liam

Don't want to correct you mate but mine has epg for frontrow it also has epg for a whole day on most channels. I added cydines sectionsd as default.

de_deej

lol OK apologies; was just basing my infomation on some feedback in another thread. In that case, i recommend that harveybham uses the Sportster Pro 1.02 (rc016) image by de_deej

Liam

i find the next gen one works wonders on my sagem 2x

i also recomend next gen it has taken a box that froze a couple of times a day to a perfect box but i am biased as i havent tried the others and every box is different anyway find 1 you like and stick with it

yeh thanks a lot for the reply's i will try both images and then decide which one is for me. also could i suggest that in the download section mabye we could have another folder which is just full of dbox images

hey people i just been looking through all the topics on images in here and i mean some of them dont have full epg on all channels and some dont have it on front row and all that. But my image does all of that and i mean i can not compare picture quality as i have not used other images before but i think its very good, has any one else used Sportster UK04 image ? please reply back and let me know what you think of it compared to these new images

Back