Image Modding/Programming

phezo

DW Member ++
Reaction score
If possible, can anyone point me in the right direction to learn about modding images/programming for the Dbox. I have a little programming experience and I am intrigued to see what is involved.

PS i dont speak German :(

BR
Phezo

Not sure if I'm supposed to be mentioning other forums here, but I got a lot of info and a great start over on the unlockers forum. There are a couple of threads that have a tonne of info.

I'm no expert, I see this a several-step process. I have completed 2 steps - first to get a linux dev environment up and running and second to get the cvs source and build the cdk.

Have you heard of "coLinux" - stands for co-operative linux. This was perfect for me as you can use it to have a virtual machine running under windows that is a linux virtual machine. The linux dev environment effectively becomes just another app that runs under windows on your pc.

For your info I downloaded and installed coLinux. Once you have this you can add any Linux distribution to it - I added a debian distribution which I obtained from the unlockers forum. Somebody called "pt1" made his whole distribution available for download that was a great help as it simplified the initial setup process.

The above is all a waste of time of course if you already have a linux environemtn!! If not, then I would suggest you get coLinux up and running, then you can start grabbing the cvs source and building. One step at a time though....

abaddon

Back