Im new, please help!!!

adflondon

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all

This is my first post (apart from my "who are you" one).

I am totally new to all this so please bare with me if i ask really stupid questions. I guess its best to say what i have at the mo and maybe someone can help advise me what to do.

I have a N*L Pace DI4000-n box, which i think has already be chipped (i only know this because i got it from a guy who did this stuff for me, and having to spend £20 every few months to have the card updated). the card which i have in the box is a funcard 4 (it says 4th Generation on it). I dont update it with this guy anymore because he is now charging £50 which is not worth it.

Ive read about this IRD and BK but dont really understand it.

Please could someone tell me what i need to do to have it up and running.

Sorry for the long message :eek:

First off you will need to look into buying a programmer ... do a search on programmers ... the infinity usb is quite cheap now ... once you have that you can hopefully read your card and get the info you need as long as the trader you were going to hasn't locked it

the best thing to do m8

is read some of the tutorials and get to know ya box better

then there is the search button will find everthing you need, once you have done this the peeps on here will help you more knowing you have tryed yourself first..............

If i was you mate i wud follow Bronto and Nutts advice, Programmer can easily be obtained from EBAY, and tutorials from this website is all you need. :)

Thanks guys, never know people to be so friendly :)

The only problem i have is that i dont know what tutorials to read. There seems to be alot of different boxs and methods of doing things. I dont want to read about the wrong one and confuse myself even more then i already am. :eek:

You should read tutorial on following;

Use the search facility for FUN CARDS/How to program fun cards.

Once you get started rest will come to you. What fun cards are, how to program them, what progys to use, how to obtain IRD and BK, etc.

You will need to build up some kind of back ground knowledge then you can ask questions for better understanding.

All the best :)

Just use the Rst generator found here:
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53664
with your ird and bk numbers (easy peesy :)) and write your internal eep file to your card!
For more info and tutorials on the Rst :
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44304
And to understand whats inside the program a bit read below
The Rst flash (when read in notepad) will contain your ird on line ":101C4" like this:
:101C400000000000********00000000000000000E
and the *'s in there will be your ird
and also in the flash it will have your bk on line ":101CF" like this:
:101CF000008900000000FFFF****************FF
and the *'s will be your bk.
if you have made up your Rst flash properly that is.
Once you have made it you wont need to change it ok.
:)
Then there is the Rst eeprom file which has the current keys in it and these can be changed simply by just downloading one and right click and view it with notepad and the top few lines will look like this:
:10000000D6AB1A137529E77289B77E70309D89CAFD
:10001000D6AB1A137529E77289B77E70309D89CAED
:1000200000000000000000000000000000000000D0
:10003000AF14D85DFA1BDDA9586524851C1DFBFF94
:100040006058BA05565AAD0E4F8CD561B60B9E5D01
:10005000699CE59B495199F8712A7D4A277C9795BF
:1000600076A29255B6A0E950486D1BBF2EC52F8FC2
:1000700029CCFA17C459110E8C3F9DAC9C83520DAC
You only need to look at the top 2 lines and on each of those lines it has the Key0: and the Key1: keys and the check sum at the end like this:
:10000000D6AB1A137529E77289B77E70309D89CAFD
:10001000D6AB1A137529E77289B77E70309D89CAED
So Key0: =D6AB1A137529E772....(not the real current key)
and Key1:=89B77E70309D89CA....(not the real current key)
and for the check sum all you do is download checksum calculator:
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42552&highlight=checksum
and copy the whole line from the ":" at the begining right to the end of the Key1: ie:
:10000000D6AB1A137529E77289B77E70309D89CA
and paste it into the checksum calculator and you press "Do it" and it will add 2 figures on the end ie FD on the first line and ED on the second line, ( The second line is different because of the :10001000 at the begining).
Then you just edit your eep file out in notepad and save it, rar it and post it.
But to be honest you are better off getting an Atmega163 card which Auto Updates its self and only costs about £7.50
clive58.

Guys thank you again for all the help.

Clive58: im not sure that makes any sense to me at the moment but after reading a few tutorials im sure i'll be on the same wave length.

I guess i better get reading.

one more question for now, is it the same to setup the Atmega163 card as the funcard?

Hi:Cheers:
Nice person who done your box
£50 a update thats a real rip off
In answer to the card Atmega is prob the best bet
cos it autoupdates but is completely different to program
1st thing u need is the boxkey dont worry
Theres a few ways for this as u will find out
Read up on funcards and get a programmer
By the time it comesu may have figured out whats what
At worst you ll have to get bk from box
As you ll prob read most people start with funcards so...
Also check all over the box he may have written on it
the info u need or inside it. Check u could be lucky
Good luck but u wont need it :Smileysex

Come to think of it Crackerchalk, i did see a number on the bottom of the box.

its was **-**-**-C*

* = numbers

could that be the BK number. Getting the IRD number is easy enough, since the guy always asked for it when he needed the card.

Well it was worth a look:mad:
That is the ird i think
Does it start or end in 12
Guess he keeps a log of the bks and dont write em on box
If u can go inside and see if he has added a sticker or written
a 16 digit code which normally has letters in it this is bk (boxkey)
:Cheers: :Cheers:

It starts with 12.

So im guessing its the ird. Would of been nice if he wrote the BK instead. Because im not really understanding how to get the bk.

Would i be right in saying that once you have a bk and ird, even if you get a new funcard you would still use the same bk ird?

this must sound really stupid to you guys :)

:littleang :littleang
Im not too clued up on 4000s but here goes
Once u have ird and bk you r nearly there
Either u read it off ur card but dont ask me how read up
or u go inside the box and get keys
Either jtag, serial scart, or led sim
Urs i think is jtag someone correct me if im wrong
That method is the easiest to figure out i found
But u need to solder.
The card is the best bet at mom
just hope he used rst to write it then its easyto get bk
If hes locked it but i doubt so u wont get bk from card
then its the other methods as explained
And yes u have to have the right bk and ird
cards and boxes must be paired

Ok this is what i know so far: i have my ird (NAGRA SERIAL NUMBER).

havent got a clue about getting the BK, only thing i know is that i could open the box with a torx and find the number by the scart.

looks like the best option is to get a atmega card with infinity USB phoenix programmer.

and now im lost!

ive read on this forum that i can obtain the bk from the funcard4 i already have, only question now is how do i do that.

and if that dont work, what can i do?

all this seems so hard :(

if youve got a funcard4 which came with the box you simply read your flash and inteeprom from your programmer and then save the files, depending on how's he's programed it, open it in boxkey reader. If the file was made usng RST then open the flash file you saved from your card, If it was made using Distance open the inteep you saved earlier.

You will know which one is correct as you already have the IRD and which ever file you open (flash or inteep) retrieves your IRD then the BOX key should be correct. IF you open your file and the IRD is not correct then the BK will be incorrect. This is ofcourse assuming you already have the correct IRD.

This is of course all depends on if the person who programed it hasnt locked the card.

If you have any probs PM me and send me your flash and inteep and i'll take a look

i just need a programmer now, which one would you recommand. I heard that the Infinity USB Pheonix is a good one to get.

Back