Im giving up smoking

skybabe

DW Member +
Reaction score
im hiding from peeps i owe money to so if anyone a
Hiya peeps

right just given up smoking this morn actually lol got my patches from the doc those 24 hr ones cause i smoked more than 20 aday
chucked all ashtrays in the bin along with all the lighters i could find
so far so good i got 4 kids ready for school this morn made packed lunch and still dont really NEED a fag only another 11 hrs to go b 4 bedtime lol

so thought what better place than here to write like a journal type type thing tracking my day to day progess,

firstly ill be honest i had no intenstion to give up smoking i like smoking always have done but last week i kind of had a mega reality check when my 7 y/o daughter tells me shes sh*t scared im gonna die of cancer from smoking hmm kinda hits home then.
So im doing this for her and after a long deep thinking session lol for myself to its gonna be so much better for me and the kids smoke free house loads more spare cash to treat um with and maybe this cough i get in the morn will go lol

so put my patch on last nite woke up about a million times would have norm had a fag if id woken in the nite and it was quite hard to get bk off to sleep to maybe cause of the patch i dunno but as im worst first thing in the morn and norm have one in the nite i thought it best i keep it on for the full 24 hrs.

so any tips and advice anyone has feel free to post um i think im gonna need all the help i can get lol

i keep u all updated talk soon and thanks for reading

skybabe ;)

Well done for trying Skybabe :Clap: I used to smoke and can tell you that you will feel a lot better for it. I'm fortunate enough to have strong will power therefore didn't need patches etc etc, but my missus uses patches and finds she has weird dreams during the night with them. She removes them before bed now and finds it ok. Her mother has terminal lung cancer so that has driven the message home to her. She lost her gran through lung cancer too.

Keep it up Skybabe? Best of luck?

Last edited:
good going skybabe , i used zyban from the doc's that really helped me.

i hope u make it

those reality checks do hit home then u no its time.

im a smoker myself and trying to give up and its kind a bloody hard

i used to do alot of substances if you get my drift, as my daughter is sixteen now

she started to notice things about me and here stories of things ive done .

i gave it up over night just like that ,smoking cigarettes is next.

now my daughter has moved to her mothers trying to find work she has

started smoking and blame my self now.

so this is my challenge for me and her.

:respect: I give up smoking a few years back now it was pretty easy to say i smoked about 20 a day i only used 2 patches the rest was will power :aggressive: .

the only advice i can give you is try to keep busy if you have a craving do something anything ( clean house , cook , go for walk :action-sm ) but done sit there pigging out you will stuff your face and end up fat lol I did but losing it day by day now hope it helps skybabe and good luck just go 2 weeks and you'll start losing the cravings.
GOOD LUCK
: colors1​

good luck

u will have plenty of cash to chill with now

make sure u treat the kids sort of giving up (smokin) presents....lol

Really well done skybabe!

Sound slike your determination and kids will see you through this. The first 3-4 days was hardest for me, proper shaky and narky.

After the 4th day I felt 100% better, now I can't even remember what a cravin was all about.

Oh, and food tastes sooooooo much better a month after stopping, wait for those taste buds to come back alive.

Well done again!

i gave up years ago took up baking instead to keep my hands busy, try that or learn knitting or needle work or somthing to keep them hands busy.

Some of my colleagues at work are giving at the moment, because in april they are no longer allowed to smoke at work, one of them has been smoking about 30 a day for the last 35 years or so and so far she has been off the cigeretttes two weeks now, she is eating lots of liquorice and i think she has tablets from the doc.

good luck, i hope u doit.

a word of advice, dont just say ill have loads more money to do x or y with. make sure u put the money away so its safe. u r coping now so u wont miss the cash. u will be supprised how quickly it will accumulate and then its like having free days out

if u smoking 20+ a day this time next month u will have £150+ in the bank/BS account.

u stick with it girl ;) u will feel so much better for it :)

best of luck to u

well peeps first day off the fags nearly over apples eaten 7 packets of polos eaten 5 but i didnt have a fag yay

its wicked to read all ur kind words i feel really confident that i can do this i may have bought every pack of polos from my local shops by this time next week but hey it gotta be better for me than smoking not the sugar free kind tho (they give u the squirts lmao)

how long does the craving last ? and what day is supposed to be the worst cause going by today it was quite easy but knowing my luck this is just the beginning and im in for a whole lot worse :(

so peeps until tomoz ill keep thinking smoke free thoughts =)

good luck

you can do it,

theres a post somwhere what my mate did

pretend to buy fags but put the money in a jar. so you can see it build in weeks

then that will make you smile even more

well peeps first day off the fags nearly over apples eaten 7 packets of polos eaten 5 but i didnt have a fag yay

its wicked to read all ur kind words i feel really confident that i can do this i may have bought every pack of polos from my local shops by this time next week but hey it gotta be better for me than smoking not the sugar free kind tho (they give u the squirts lmao)

how long does the craving last ? and what day is supposed to be the worst cause going by today it was quite easy but knowing my luck this is just the beginning and im in for a whole lot worse :(

so peeps until tomoz ill keep thinking smoke free thoughts =)

without sounding too harsh, i have to be harsh, you need to take your azz up to the wards in the hospital that have all the people with hours to live, the cancer wards, the lung wards the heart wards, go and have a feckin look, that will soon make your mind up and you wont need all our stupid "well done" opinions, ive seen so many of my family die with these problems its unreal, and there are still some in hospital now,.

So listen girl, i dont mean any disrespect, but get a feckin grip and see the light, know what i mean ??? or maybe you will see the light soon, know what i mean with that too ?............

Back