I'm an Elvis Presley-fan

De Rocker

Inactive User
Reaction score
My favourite artist is Elvis Presley. I listen to his music every day. And I do my best to collect every alternate recording and concert. A few years ago I even started my own online Elvis Presley-webradio station.
A lot of people already have told me that his music is for the older aged (50+ or so) people.
What do you think: Is it strange to listen to such old music at my age (37) ?

huh huh
Thats the beautiful thing with music. There is no ageism. If someone like yourself appreciates a song or tune then thats all thats needed.
Whether its an old tune or not.
You'll find that a lot of new music won't be remembered in 50 yrs time the way some of it is today.
I was always in to dance and never thought much of old music cos it was to slow or whatever but over time you come to appreciate it. I could name a couple of bands I like but I appreciate pretty much of any type of music these days. Depends the mood your in also.
So in answer to your question.....i don't think its so much about age. Its more about taste and appreciation :)

Kids of all ages love at least one of Elvis's songs. What a great man his music lives on forever.

You's lot have suspicions minds.

My favourite artist is Elvis Presley. I listen to his music every day. And I do my best to collect every alternate recording and concert. A few years ago I even started my own online Elvis Presley-webradio station.
A lot of people already have told me that his music is for the older aged (50+ or so) people.
What do you think: Is it strange to listen to such old music at my age (37) ?

is your webstation still active?

do you have a link?

Last edited:
I was never a fan of Elvis although I do like a lot of his songs, and yes, they have stood the test of time. (How much of today's cr*p will we be listening to in 50+ years' time? Not a lot!)
I was recently given a cabinet full of old 78's, and was delighted to find an Elvis one among them. (Don't b/w I Beg of You).
Fidelity is remarkably good considering it's almost 60 years old. As an experiment I recorded it to PC and ran the recording through Vinyl Studio to clean up the crackles, but you know what? I actually prefer the original, authentic sound.

I was never a fan of Elvis although I do like a lot of his songs, and yes, they have stood the test of time. (How much of today's cr*p will we be listening to in 50+ years' time? Not a lot!)
I was recently given a cabinet full of old 78's, and was delighted to find an Elvis one among them. (Don't b/w I Beg of You).
Fidelity is remarkably good considering it's almost 60 years old. As an experiment I recorded it to PC and ran the recording through Vinyl Studio to clean up the crackles, but you know what? I actually prefer the original, authentic sound.

Can you just picture the next generation of wrinklies throwing some shapes to Eminem?. :Yikes:

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds to me like your "all shook up" miggs....:proud:

Nah m8 I am all wooden heart. ;)

Back