Ikea Beds Are Shite

Bigga

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im so pi$$ed off with ikea shite beds

11 months or so ago me & the mrs went to Ikea, on the way to checkout we popped into there bargain corner and saw what we thought was a "bargain"
it was a king size bed king size matress two side cupboards for £235 ex display

apparently the mattress alone was worth over £200 so we thought Yep we will have that seemed a good deal... we got it delivered thats when the nightmare began I reassembled it but the screws when you tightend em just kept spinning the little wood bits you put in snapped,, so I had to get some wood glue the bed was just a fecking joke it was no way stable.

Anyway to cut a long story my side of the bed the slats just collapsed like a big explosion in the middle of the night the mrs was screaming thinking were being attacked or something her side then caved in, it was utter chaos lol.

So we went back too ikea told them what happened they refused a refund because it was from the "the bargain corner" and a couple of months had already passed, in the end they gave me a credit for another frame only.

So we went for this pile of shit off a frame.
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S59849760 at the time I thought this would be ok has it was brand new and when i assembled it,, it felt solid..

How stupid am I the bed decided it was gonna do a Al-Qaeda and blew itself up or should i say collapsed again this was around 4am this morning, surprisie-nly
the Mrs side of the bed/slats are still up and she slept through it.. ive gone down to sleep on the couch, I just hope she doesnt role over or she'll be on the floor lol....

Fooking Ikea never again

Rant over.

:Cheers:

Its £65 what do you expect :p

Buy a proper one now save the collapsing in the middle of the night for a 3rd time :) or get a futon not as far to fall.... :banana:

So we went back too ikea told them what happened they refused a refund because it was from the "the bargain corner" and a couple of months had already passed, in the end they gave me a credit for another frame only.

I'm sure no matter what area its sold under,ex display whatever its still sold fit for the purpose you bought it for

a bed that lasts a few months does not fit that purpose, so I think you could of taken that further m8

Its £65 what do you expect :p

Buy a proper one now save the collapsing in the middle of the night for a 3rd time :) or get a futon not as far to fall.... :banana:

I will do m8 believe me cant Ive learnt me lesson now with ikea lol the frame was more than that though when i got it.

@ Rat cheers m8 I cant be arsed with em no more, Ive got a good excuse now if the mrs ever wants us to go to ikea again lol.

:proud::proud:

PMSL, what a great laugh :)

My mattress cost me £249 and it's still a pile of shit.

Does anyone know where i can buy some decent firm pillows that don't go floppy after a few weeks?

I understand what you mean Bigga :)

witchy try a memory foam pillow m8 :) mould to the shape of ya neck

me and my musis has had a ikea bed for a while,with no majour problems i must say its very solid but i do understand what u say about the lats the problem with them is they are a little thin.

What iu ended up doing was going to bnq and buying some thin board and putting it on top of the lats this sorted it out got to say its no harder on the back.

Mr P

Bigga, not trying to offend but are you and the misses perhaps a little overweight? ;)

don't think Ive ever see a weight restriction on a bed though ?

Neither have I, lol

Poor quality, that's the bottom line.

Bigga's orginal post had me in stitches :)

Argos beds are shite i bought a leather bed from there and it never had no centre support everytime you moved it squeeked like hell i had to make some modifications to the bed to stop it squeeking

I have a metal frame bed I think came from Ikea. I had it for free off someone with a mattress.

Mattress isn't too bad but the bed doesn't feel the most sturdy. The slats are all bent out of shape and the top end of the bed is being pushed away. All plastic trim on it is cracking or already come off.

this looks good

2-25-bed1.jpg

Argos beds are shite i bought a leather bed from there and it never had no centre support everytime you moved it squeeked like hell i had to make some modifications to the bed to stop it squeeking
yep but did it squeak when you had a little tweak

:proud:

Back