IIS on my PC not showing up

Pranav

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all

i have installed dreamweaver ultra dev on my laptop and basiclaly it is Windows XP ...in order to create my information website which i need to for colledge I have to create a website so wanting to do it in HTML in dreamweaver however i need webserver and DB server etc set up i dont understand this fully can someone please explain how this works or links i can read up on this? (especially DB connection and also web server i need)??

I tried enabling IIS in Control Panel > Add/Remove Componenets > Application services > IIS however in my windows XP the Application Services does not even show up? Can somoene please assist me in this?

Appreciate your help in this matter.

Thanks

Not sure how much help you will get on Dreamweaver UltraDev as it is no longer available and has been replaced by Dreamweaver MX.

Here's alink on web server
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_server

The DB side of it is a vast subject so maybe if you are more specific about your problem(s) you might get more help.

hi thanks for the reply well i just want to know how the web end is connected to the DB is it simply by connection strings in all LANGUAGES? so in c# c++ Java PHP HTML etc?

For instance in HTML how would i conenct it to DB backend?

Thanks

hi thanks for the reply well i just want to know how the web end is connected to the DB is it simply by connection strings in all LANGUAGES? so in c# c++ Java PHP HTML etc?

For instance in HTML how would i conenct it to DB backend?

Thanks

the short answer is you wouldnt be able to do that with HTML.

The longer and more involved answer is you would need to use a dynamic language such as ASP.Net, PHP, JSP, ColdFusion etc.

What version of Windows XP do you use?

This link may give you some insight into how it is achieved using PHP.

There is lots of info out there on ASP.NET & ASP.NET AJAX etc.

You might also want to play with Linux, which you can get on a CD these days and no need to install it, or have your lappy set up to dual boot.

hi u forgot the link which shows me how its done using PHP can u please give me the link thanks

Back