IFA Woes

loady

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am going to try the updated enigma image on my fekked nokia to see if it makes any difference, i have kein systemed it in the process and i have now plugged box into my router to flash it, the problem is that it wont work, i have unplugged the working box to stop it getting flashed by mistake, i have also tried changing the ip settings in IFA to reflect ip of box and still it wont work, all the usual things have been done, firewals off etc

try flashing without router and just use a cross over cable and serial null modem cable if u have one

i was dreading that reply...:eek: , i cant understand why it wont flash as both boxes have been flashed via IFA connected to router.

It the dhcp server is enabled on your router that server answer the bootp requests from the box and let IFA no chance to kick in.

loady said:
i was dreading that reply...:eek: , i cant understand why it wont flash as both boxes have been flashed via IFA connected to router.

All I can suggest is that you keep going! It can take me anything up to 50 times to get IFA working... sometimes it'll kick in straight away and sometimes it just refuses to work!

Best thing to do is try it first time, if it doesnt work, hold the UP and STANDBY buttons to reset the box, if it doesnt work after that, do the same thing another 5 times, if it doesnt work after that... pull the plug out, wait 5 seconds, and put the plug back in. If it doesnt work, keep doing the plug trick.

Can take forever but its better than a kein system'd box!

I know IFA always works first time for me with out fail, moral of this story is.........check cables, check the cables, and then check the cables again:eek: and dhcp is enabled on my router and never caused this before.

Last edited:
Back