IFA Will not flash a Nokia Box

sh0t2bts

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

I posted yesterday as I was having problems flashing my Nokia x2 Intel Box, I had flashed the box using FTP watcheed TV fine then I had a power outage and the box stopped working.
on the LCD it gets to the "Loading Kernel" part and stops, I was advised to use IFA to flash the box I have followed the instructions in th Tut nut still the same problem it gets to "Loading Kernel" and stops.

I have tried holding in the Up arrow for a few seconds on boot and Also doing a reset using the reset button and thge arrow up button but still no joy..

Does any one have any other ideas?

Many Thanks

Sh0t2bts

have you tried flashing it with flash fxp?and one of gav12345 latest flash file? just a thought i found if ifa didnt work i used flash fxp and vice versa so if one doesnt work try another stick with it m8

forget flash fxp as you nedd the box to load up fully to use that. the only way way is with ifa. just remember not to plug in the box until after you press ok in the box that pops up in the screen.

Hi
I have just recieved a nokia dbox2, the screen always remains blank. I have tried flashing it using IFA.but all i get is stars in the flash long, i have connected it using null modem cable and ethernet.I do not know the IP address of the box as it will not load up I have flashed sagems using the exact same setup succuesfully can u pleasehelp

hc97mg2000 said:
Hi
I have just recieved a nokia dbox2, the screen always remains blank. I have tried flashing it using IFA.but all i get is stars in the flash long, i have connected it using null modem cable and ethernet.I do not know the IP address of the box as it will not load up I have flashed sagems using the exact same setup succuesfully can u pleasehelp

Sounds like you have a faulty box m8 unfortunately...

weird thing is that the screen did load up when i first started it but its when i took the plug out and then tried to flash it when i got the problems

thats all i get

i did once get DDF CALIBbbbbbb

oh yeha it it keeps saying DBOX2 ping failed

all firewalls are off too

ok so its seems my box is buggered. Any ideas why it booted up first and no after
is there a sure way to check it if not im gonna wack this against the wall haa haa

Hey shot2bits

You seem to be having the same problem as me lol are you a noob 2? Please let me know if you resolve your issue...

ok so its seems my box is buggered. Any ideas why it booted up first and no after
is there a sure way to check it if not im gonna wack this against the wall haa haa

is there a hack way of finding the flippin IP address mate.

Without a working image there is no IP.
If you get only the posted line in the log output the whole thing looks not good.

sh0t2bts said:
Hi
I posted yesterday as I was having problems flashing my Nokia x2 Intel Box, I had flashed the box using FTP watcheed TV fine then I had a power outage and the box stopped working.
on the LCD it gets to the "Loading Kernel" part and stops, I was advised to use IFA to flash the box I have followed the instructions in th Tut nut still the same problem it gets to "Loading Kernel" and stops.
I have tried holding in the Up arrow for a few seconds on boot and Also doing a reset using the reset button and thge arrow up button but still no joy..
Does any one have any other ideas?
Many Thanks
Sh0t2bts

Sounds like you have the same problem I did earlier this week, mate. I take it the box powers down to standby mode after the "loading kernel" message? If so, have a read of the thread I started when I had this problem:

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64586

Loads of good advice from some of the gurus on the forum. In my case, the upshot was to use a null-modem cable along with the crossover cable in order to monitor any errors that were occurring. At one stage of the flash process, there is a prompt to hit a key to prevent auto-booting to your corrupt image - I hit a key at this point and the IFA flash kicked in. I was never able to verify that hitting the key was the actual fix as I was reluctant to play around with the box again after spending a few nights trying to fix it, so maybe you can give this a bash and let us know if this was indeed the fix or if I just got lucky.

Back