IFA problem - HELP !!!!

pmckerna

Inactive User
Reaction score
Since flashing the latest Sportster image on my Sagem 1x box, it won't get past the bootup screen, powering down after a few seconds. Consequently, when trying to recover using IFA, the box won't stay powered up long enough for IFA to ping it. Can anyone help ?

At what point does the box power down?

It shows the debug screen.... then what? Does it go onto any logo or anything? or is that where it goes wrong?

liamcrayden said:
At what point does the box power down?

It shows the debug screen.... then what? Does it go onto any logo or anything? or is that where it goes wrong?

The Sportster logo shows and stays there for about 20 secs, then the box powers down, with only the red LED on the front panel showing. At that point IFA loses its the box's IP address.

If your getting to the sportster screen then IFA isn't working .

When IFA takes it has nothing to do with sportster.

Have Fun

If you see the sportster logo the flashing procedure via IFA didn't start.

Keep trying with IFA and you'll get there in the end. You know whether its working or not because the word "FLASHING" appears on the LCD.

liamcrayden said:
Keep trying with IFA and you'll get there in the end. You know whether its working or not because the word "FLASHING" appears on the LCD.

Can you suggest where I may going wrong here, then? I'm following the tutorial to the letter, and have tried it about 5 or 6 times now. Am I possibly taking too long to power on the DBOX after hitting the "OK" button within IFA? The tutorial mentions that there is no time limit, but this is the only thing I can think of, as I need to sprint across the living room to plug up the DBOX mains cable.

Theres absolutely no time limit AT ALL! Once you turn the box on it will be picked up by IFA; you dont need to sprint lol.

sprint across the room! how longs your power lead like? are trying it with just a crossover and null modem or have a router in the set up. also make sure your antivirus,firewall,pop up stopper and adware checker are all turned off if you have them on

leefield said:
sprint across the room! how longs your power lead like? are trying it with just a crossover and null modem or have a router in the set up. also make sure your antivirus,firewall,pop up stopper and adware checker are all turned off if you have them on

I'm only using a crossover cable - would that be significant? Does the addition of the null modem cable allow IFA to kick off the flash quicker? Also, the crossover connection is displayed by Windows XP as 10Mbps - is this ok?

To those who have used IFA successfully, how quickly should the flash begin? Reason I ask is that the "Sportster Pro" logo appears on the LCD about 5 secs after applying power to the DBox. Is this time enough time for the IFA flash to begin?

It shouldnt even get to the sportster logo... it should come up with "FLASHING". If sportster loads then IFA did not kick in. A null modem cable isnt essential but I recommend it.

liamcrayden said:
It shouldnt even get to the sportster logo... it should come up with "FLASHING". If sportster loads then IFA did not kick in. A null modem cable isnt essential but I recommend it.

The null modem cable is the only thing left to try, as far as I can see.

How long after the DBox gets powered up should the "FLASHING" message appear? It looks to me like the corrupted Sportster image boots too quickly for IFA to take control.

The bootp request from the box must reach IFA.
If nobody answer to that request the bootloader start the image from the flash.

mgb said:
The bootp request from the box must reach IFA.
If nobody answer to that request the bootloader start the image from the flash.

Can you suggest why the bootp request is not getting to IFA, then? I'm relatively new to this and am trying to understand where I'm going wrong here and what else I can try to get this box going again.

Firewalls and av software are blocking the request.
A misconfigured network card can also block that request.

mgb said:
Firewalls and av software are blocking the request.
A misconfigured network card can also block that request.

My firewall is turned off and I don't have any AV software running.

What aspect of the network card config. would block this?

1.Add IFA to the exceptions in windows firewall then turn the firewall off
2.Install the mediasensing patch
3.Give your network card a static ip
4.Set your network card to 10baseT_halfduplex
5.Disable any other network cards you have.
hope this helps.

Fergalsworld said:
1.Add IFA to the exceptions in windows firewall then turn the firewall off
2.Install the mediasensing patch
3.Give your network card a static ip
4.Set your network card to 10baseT_halfduplex
5.Disable any other network cards you have.
hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice.

I've downloaded the mediasensing patch. Got a readme and a .reg file. What do I do to install this? (the readme is in German !)

just click on the reg file and it will ask do you want to install in the registry say yes.

Fergalsworld said:
just click on the reg file and it will ask do you want to install in the registry say yes.

Cheers. I'm using Win XP, and can't see a way to define the speed of the connection (the 10Mbps haf duplex bit). How is this done? (Sorry to be pain !!)

Back