IFA LAN settings

leahyt8

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Having a dog of a time with IFA at the moment,
I've flashed using this laptop before, but as it's from work i had to change one of the LAN settings, then it flashed no prob,
just now a popup appears at the bottom of the screen saying little or no connectivity????
can any one help!

Cheers

you shouldn't have to change any lan settings to use ifa. try to set the laptop ip addy to automatic. plug in crossover lead and power up box once box is powered up load ifa. go through the usual motions ie selecting image and null modem cable then when you get the pop up saying something about 2mins press in the up and power buttons on front of box (together) till the lcd goes off and release. then ifa should kick in and flash box. well this works for me anyway

leahyt8 said:
Having a dog of a time with IFA at the moment,
I've flashed using this laptop before, but as it's from work i had to change one of the LAN settings, then it flashed no prob,
just now a popup appears at the bottom of the screen saying little or no connectivity????
can any one help!

Cheers

hi m8 i dont think its to do with the dbox as i get that message when my internet connections mess up m8

see if its working m8

Having no joy at all gav - I did it no prob before - firewall etc is all turned off - can you clarify the settings needed - are com 1 - 9600, etc

Cheers Gav

leahyt8 said:
Having no joy at all gav - I did it no prob before - firewall etc is all turned off - can you clarify the settings needed - are com 1 - 9600, etc

Cheers Gav

Sorry if you can tel me what else needs ticked that would be great i.e RARP server, NFS server etc.. Cheers

hi m8

1: the image file

2: the network card select

3: yes clicked and com 1 in port settings

cheers

still no joy!!!!!
Nightmare!!
all workrd ok before!!!

If you know what the IP addy of the dbox is, then set the IP address of the notebook to be the next number up (or down - just different). Make sure the subnet mask is the same though.
If you don't know the dbox addy, then you will have to experiment with some IPs on the notebook - suggest 192.168.0.20/255.255.255.0.
The little or no connectivity is because the OS (what is it?) is using the ARCP (the 'emergency automatic allocation of IP numbers), and will propbably start 169. You can check (with XP) by checking the status | details of the LAN connection.

HTH

I'm running on xp, it's from my work (mines a mac)
The ip is not available as it's german premiere that's on it, this option is unavailable
The laptop ip does start with 169.

I'm stumped at the moment

Hey - I'm no expert, but don't you have to get the box to debug mode first? I believe then that you can get to see the IP details of the dbox.

XSS, is in debug mode, just not neutrino, i've flashed the other boxes no probs from prmeire, just having a mare at the mo

you shouldn't be getting the rarp and com settings using ifa. to use ifa there is only 3 options 1=select the image 2=select network card and 3=useing a serial a serial null modem cable. are you using dbox boot manager to get those options

this is minimised when the box tries to boot, should i just leave that altogether?

yes just leave that bit alone. go to your network connections and disable all other connections apart from the one you wish to use. close all adware,spyware,popup stoppers,firewalls,antivirus and so on. you dont need to touch the ip addresse i just leave mine as automatic. set the mode to 10half duplex and do as i said in the other post on the first page. are you using a crossover cable and serial null modem cable?

cheers leefield - I'm not using a null modem - don't have one, and it worked fine the last time,
how do i change to 10half duplex?

I'm screwed at the moment anyway as i left the charger in work, so i'm installing virtual pc on the mac, i'll try them both again tomorrow.

sorry only just come back online been at work then crimbo shopping eh! to change it to 10half duplex
1=click on start
2=click on control panel
3=click on network connections
4=right click on your network connection you wish to use & click on properties
5=then in the top box next to your network card click on configure
6=then advanced and its in the drop down menu under values

hope this helps if you haven't already sussed it out

cheers got it all sorted, managed to change to half duplex,
cheers for the help,
mon the toon,
pity you've got penis as a manager!!

Solution

Hey mate, I'm quite new to this too. When little or no connectivity comes up it basically means theres a problem with the IP can happen to network connections or your internet connection if thats through broadband.

What you need to do is go into network connections on your control panel. Then right click on your network adapter for the Dbox (ie the connection for your Dbox) and go to properties then click on "internet protocol" so it goes blue then click properties just below that.

Now you need to change the IP to the correct address. I used 10.0.0.4 or you can use a standard 192.168.253.xxx (the xxx stands for anything just put a 1 in the last box if you want)

Subnet mask should be changes to 255.255.255.0
and default gateway to 10.0.0.2

just trying to offer you a simple solution in english - i know some of these tech experts might correct everything I've just said but thats it to my understanding. Give it a go ;o)

hey leahyt8 did you get this problem sorted ok. and your right about a penis as manager! the sooner he gets sacked the better!!!!!

Back