If you tolerate this

rimo

Banned
Reaction score
IF YOU TOLERATE THIS THEN YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE NEXT (manic street PREACHERS) On Saturday 15th April 1989, 96 Liverpool fans were tragically killed on the Leppings Lane terrace at Hillsborough stadium.

The verdict from the inquest that followed declared that no one was accountable for the disaster.

Thousands of campaigners the world over, as well as the victims families will not rest until the real culprits are revealed in a fresh public inquiry into the disaster and taken to task.

join the petition
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/JusticeForThe96/

What good will come of this?

It was a horrible event and it should be put to rest, I know some of the victims families want someone to blame but it was a whole series of unfortunate decisions and events that ended in tragedy.

i dont care sign the petition

You don't care?

Thats probably why nothing will be done about it. Because selfish people like you are only interested in getting something for themselves.

So why should I care, I don't live in Liverpool, nor do I support any football team.

Why quote that song, it has nothing to do with the petition.

It was truly a disaster and at the time everybody who is/was a football fan was shocked and felt for those affected by the events that day, similarly with the fire at bradfords ground.

there has already been a couple of enquires that have come to the conclusion that nobody specifically was to blame but a series of decisions that were made with the information available at the time appeared to be correct but with hind sight were not.

ill say now so there is no doubt, i dont know anybody who died or anybody who was effected.
at some stage those people who are still angry and feel the loose will have to let it go because you cant blame somebody for making a decision that caused somebody else's death if they made that decision in good faith.

I think we have a couple of sun readers on line

to say you dont live in liverpool or support a football team just shows how ignorant you are.

the next time you go to a concert, rugby match , polo match and take your teenage son or daughter and he dies in front of you because someone or a number of people on thousands of pounds a year made unaccountable mistakes and number of errors people died.

i quoted that title by the manics because it had a more fitting title than the song from the same album

manic street preachers quote not mine

SYMM. Originally entitled South Yorkshire Mass Murderer, and based on the Hillsborough football disaster in which a large amount of fans were crushed to death following police inaction and incompetence (the fans were incorrectly blamed by the police and press), its title was soon changed and the lyrics made some of us wonder what the fuss was all about anyway. In years to come, will anyone listening to this album know what SYMM stands for? Will they care?

In years to come, will anyone listening to this album know what SYMM stands for? Will they care?

No. BTW I don't read The Sun either, I don't read any newspaper as they are all full of doom and gloom and people dragging up the past. Live for today not for yesterday, the past is gone, but not forgotten, you can't change the past, but create your own future.

I think I should make a petition about the abolishing of slavery. I want it bringing back. I'll use the song title Shout by Lulu cos it makes me angry. : whip :

You can have your opinion and I too am entitled to mine. 18 years is a long time and alot has changed since then because of Hillsborough. If you want someone to blame, then blame GOD!

hmmm don,t think you will get him in the dock though he moves about alot i.e iraq, middle east in general, lockerbie, dumblane, london!

"oh there's been a terrible accident...let's blame the police and the authorities!"

Fucking bullshit,

If i crush you to death, should your family sue the police or the goverment because they didnt stop me?

Blame the fans that rushed in and crushed the poor people to death.

Crowds are dangerous, crowd mentallity is lethal.

Back