if I have broadband do I have tv????

ecmnco

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Have just sent my dbox2 nokia back to germany as i could not find any channels or transponders.(yes i did fit booster,changed about 50 images etc used bruteforce......and spent a good week getting nagged at!

I was told by several ppl that if i have broadband then the tv feed will be there.

Is there anyone out there ideally cable engineer that can confirm this

I am an electronics engineer so I understand principle of multiplexing e.t.c but just hoping they can`t disconnect tv feed somewhere.

£25.30 to send it back to germany!!! I hope it was the tuner!

Yeah it was most probably the tuner.
You DEFINATELY have TV if you have broadband - i know loads of people with just the minimum broadband package, and their DBOXes work fine.

just hope the replacement box works ok

at least I have learn`t lots about reflashing and flashxp etc
thanksguys

Ah yea. Thats the other thing.

If the area in which you are located has not yet gone to digital TV for normal subscribers; then a DBOX will not function correctly in that area.

Some areas are ANALOGUE ONLY therefore a dbox wont work. If the area has ANALOGUE *AND* DIGITAL then the dbox will function just fine.

But all in all, if you have a broadband feed then the TV signal is also carried down that same line.

Liam.

i have broadband and have done a post code search on n*l
digi channels available

Should be OK then. You've done the right thing by sending it back to Germany :)

Hi,

I just subscribe to broadband and I pick up all channels, let us know how you get on with the next box.

de_deej

the best and safest way is to subscribe to the min tv package

just ordered base back for £11.00 but as i have broadband and telephone they put on a £9.50 discount with no time limit

that means I have the tv for £1.50 and a good signal !!!!!

ecmnco said:
just ordered base back for £11.00 but as i have broadband and telephone they put on a £9.50 discount with no time limit
that means I have the tv for £1.50 and a good signal !!!!!

thats great m8

cheers

Hi mate,

I have NEVER subscribed to the cc`s T.V. package in 5 years. I only need a phone and Internet as I am in work most of the day. I hooked a DBOX up last year and have had all chanels ever since. Also My neighbour accross the street has only ever had analogue cable and my dbox worked first time in his house. Hope this is of some use.

Back