Ice Hockey

Baaheeduk

Inactive User
Reaction score
In a house with lots of alcohol on the go!!
Hi Peeps,

Took the missus and bairn to the ice hockey tonight, (Dundee Texol Stars V North Ayr Bruins). I hadn't been for years and fair enjoyed it? I used to go and watch the Dundee Rockets many years ago with my mum & dad.

Anyway, Dundee won 10-0.

It's not as rough as I remember? There was a couple of fights but nothing to write home about. I think it's gone a bit soft to be honest? A bit like football but not as bad. A contact sport where the players get penilised for making contact with other players? :silly:

Anybody else watch it and think the same?

:Cheers:

PS: £2.50 a pint :FRIGHT:

If you watch NHL then its not gone soft m8. I watch it every time its on and theres a guaranteed few fights every night. I think when theres maybe not so much at stake it may be less volatile but def not in the NHL.

have a look here

I think the rules have changed slightly tho as the sticks have changed from wooden to metal so more care has to be taken when swinging the stick which has maybe stopped a few good fights.

Cheers Ice,

I'm sure the :rulez: have changed? but it was certainly wooden sticks tonight as one guy snapped his while trying a slapshot..........lol. Probably years behind with the standard of hockey here though?

I remember the time before the screens and guys getting knocked over the bannister etc etc. I must read up on the current :rulez: to refresh my memory.....lol

Whats the rule with fighting at the games you go an see? I know in the NHL its basically if one man gets an advantage then the fight gets broken up.

IS it the same at these games or just stop it ASAP?

Whats the rule with fighting at the games you go an see? I know in the NHL its basically if one man gets an advantage then the fight gets broken up.

IS it the same at these games or just stop it ASAP?

Well that's it Ice, I'm not exactly sure about the rules? It's been years since I've been to see a game? I just remember it being more free flowing? There was one major fight and there seemed to be one sent from the game and another sent to the sin bin for 2mins but there were stops that I didn't understand why they stopped? Like I say, I must refresh my memory of the rules?

Fair enjoyed it anyway?

:Cheers:

Had a wee look through the handbook here from the website here and fighting is given as much of a penalty as some offences so its obvious they are not condoning it but not stamping it out completely. Couldnt find anything definitive on the rules of fighting tho.

played wen i was a kid its nown as part off it well was wen i was in training u only get put in sin bin depending on how bad for how long good game made me tuff well on ice any way prob cant even skate now to old lol loved every min off it slap shot was me fav movie wen was a kid lol lived for ice hockey bring bac the l/pool icey lol memories

Back