I will not quit as judge - Cherie

Well I remembered the James Callaghan government. In 1979 you couldn't bury the dead for 3months.
There was a general strike, and if wasn't for the IMF: this country would have gone bankrupt.
Exactly was is happening now- wasted most of the money and now the country heavily in debt.
It will takes years and years to sort out. I just hope Brown is there long enough to receive the full credit.
Over 1.5 million manufacturing jobs lost in the last 10years.
Remember we use to own British Steel:bought by someone in India,not so long ago..

and after this, labour still got in - so how bad do you think the tories had to be for this to happen?

and I cant believe you are crediting labour with british steels demise - consett, ravenscraig, corby - ring any bells - made whole cummunities unemployed - thatcher then sold it to a dutch company - which has recently sold it to an indian company - so you might want to get your facts right

btw it was also thatcher that removed almost all the manufacturing jobs from the uk preferign to outsource to the third world - so that we could concentrate on the service industries - of course what she didnt allow for is that those jobs can be outsourced as well leaving us with nothing

dont get me wrong - I'm not a labour supporter - never voted for them and never will - but I cant stand people harping on about how bad they are and how great the tories are - all any politicina is interested in is your vote - and even then only if you live in a marginal - once they have that they dont give a damn about public opinion and will merrily line their own and their associates pockets at the expense of the rest of us

no, not wisely.

but how would you have felt if she had abused her relationship with the then-PM to get things done?

Don't be such a drama queen, all this talk of abuse of relationship is nonsense. What do you mean by abuse anyway?

thats hardly dramatic given the over-reactions that frequently appear on this site.

If it had come to light that Cherie had persuaded Tony to get things done for her when he was in power, how much worse would that have been?

Not much worse at all. If Tony had any balls he would have ousted GB long time ago and given Cherie a slapdown for taking on this case. (we would have been better off financially also)

Why would the prime minister’s wife act for a young woman known to be supported by Muslim fundamentalists? That is the question you should be asking yourself. On one hand we have Tony Blair fighting these fundamentalists and our sons and daughters are being killed and tortured in the name of fighting extremism and OTOH we have his wife earning millions of pounds fighting for a cause which is actively supported by the fundamentalists.

The point you are making is trivial and almost meaningless and frankly I'm surprised that you would bring up such nonsense.

I am not sure that it is trivial.

Was she fighting on the side of fundamentalists - or on the side of a young girl who wanted to express her religion?

Was she fighting on the side of fundamentalists - or on the side of a young girl who wanted to express her religion?

How was she expressing her religion by wearing a scarf ?, where does it say in her religion that she should do this ?

I am not stating that I know otherwise, just that I have never read it anywhere........

How was she expressing her religion by wearing a scarf ?, where does it say in her religion that she should do this ?

I am not stating that I know otherwise, just that I have never read it anywhere........
depending on what type of islam you follow, wearing a veil or headscarf is essential. However the degree by which women cover up also varies depending on their beliefs.

But - this isnt the same for all muslim women. So if this girl was wearing a headscarf due to her faith, then thats expression. But again, this depends on the type of islam she chooses to follow.

Not all types of islam require women to cover up like that, if at all.

depending on what type of islam you follow, wearing a veil or headscarf is essential. However the degree by which women cover up also varies depending on their beliefs.

But - this isnt the same for all muslim women. So if this girl was wearing a headscarf due to her faith, then thats expression. But again, this depends on the type of islam she chooses to follow.

Not all types of islam require women to cover up like that, if at all.

As far as I can research there are no part of the Islamic faith that requires the headscarf ?

And what different types of Islam are you referring to, Sunni. Shi'a. Sufi. Ahmaddiya. Secular ?

Last edited:
As far as I can research there are no part of the Islamic faith that requires the headscarf ?

And what different types of Islam are you referring to, Sunni. Shi'a. Sufi. Ahmaddiya. Secular ?
It doesnt look like you have researched it much then.

I presume you dont agree with the concept of muslim women wearing a scarf full stop?

In islam, there are a set of rules (the only way I can explain it, I am sure a muslim who knows about them can do better) called Haddith. These are like an oral history, apparently started by mohhamed and added to by the various religious leaders in history. Part of this oral history concerns modesty for men and women. Where women are concerened, some parts of islam interpret the Haddith as wearing a complete veil from head to toe, other parts see it as wearing a headscarf. Other muslims dont see it as a compulsory thing as they dont agree with the concept, so this leaves wearing a scarf for muslim women as a thing of choice in the UK.

This doesnt apply to any one type of islam really, but I would imagine that most secular muslim countries wouldnt make a big deal out of it. The other two types of islam you mention are quite opposed to each other. Ahmaddiya is illegal in some countries, and I think you may be hard pressed to find a muslim who sees it as a form of islam. While sufism is pretty much anologous to christian mystisicm. Not the sort of thing you would normally see in the same sentence when discussing islam.

Now, for me personally, I dont care one way or another if a muslim women wants to wear a headscarf or go for the full veil. It doesnt really affect me one bit. As for the schoolgirl, I couldnt care less if she wore one or not.

Mentioned in hadith ?, have you any idea where in the ahadith they are ?

I am not arguing for the sake of it, it is just that it has come up in several conversations that I have been involved in and would like to read it for myself.

the haddith are an oral history, thats why it makes it hard for muslims to understand the importance, if any, attached to it.

From my personal experience, this isnt written down per se, but is just handed down from generation to generation - like chinese whispers.

You can bet your bottom dollar that due to all the fuss we give it now, the concept will be different in 50 years time...

the haddith are an oral history, thats why it makes it hard for muslims to understand the importance, if any, attached to it.

From my personal experience, this isnt written down per se, but is just handed down from generation to generation - like chinese whispers.

You can bet your bottom dollar that due to all the fuss we give it now, the concept will be different in 50 years time...

Ahadith is written down, infact there is volume after volume of it.

I just don't fancy wading through it all, can anyone narrow it down ?

How is it not trivial? You have made this point so if you could please clarify I'd appreciate it.

She was put up to this by her brother who is a supporter of Hizb ut-Tahrir, a Muslim party that seeks to establish a Muslim world state. This is common knowledge. Her brother led the whole campaign, she was only a minor. So Cherie Blair is working for a family by her own free will that openly supports muslim fundamentalism in our country.

A former first lady, QC and judge working for Hizb ut-Tahrir - the nation is very proud of her.

Back