I want a bar at home with a beer tap... but how?

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so doing some building work and want to include a bar with a proper tap and a proper keg setup the way it should be... but how? Can anyone help?

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a good look at ebay and theres loads of stuff you can get, quite some time away yet before I am ready to buy.

Smok3y666

Inactive User
Reaction score
I brew my own all grain beer and serve it through 4 pub taps. My setup is as follows, I will try and post a pic tomorrow. 1 x pub Co2 cyclinder, 1 x gas management board (a single reg will do but you will only be able to serve at one pressure), 4 x Cornelius kegs and 4 taps all connected up using John Guest fittings with 3/8 and 5/16 inch tubing. I do have a hand pull, not connected yet and a beer chiller that I use in summer.

marra

DW Regular
Reaction score
hiya m8 i jacked the ale at christmas and ive just taken my bar setup down i have a 2 outlet cooler a few different sankeys all piping fitting's etc a brass 4 lever t shape pump line cleaner gas reg etc and something alot of people dont take into a consideration a unit to clean the lines lol basically just add a keg and your away give me a shout when your ready mate and if i havent sold it we can try to sort something if you like im in wigan so i dont know if pick up would be a option for you but we can sort that at the time it definatly serverd me well lol

just to add i think theres a carlsberg sankey a guiness one if i remember right and im not sure what the 3rd is but if you look around each sankey can fit a few different kegs but if your like me you tend to stay with the same type i was paying about 80 quid for a 11 gallon carlsberg keg and i dont know if you know but once there tapped you can keep them for about 2-3 weeks i used to get one for the wigan away games and if i did it right i got 3 weekends/2 away games per keg it ended up being less than £1 a pint and was allways a good un and garanteed not to be watered down lol.

Last edited:

joebloggss

Member +
Reaction score
got all of my stuff from my local years ago m8, was coolers, faunts, piping and fittings free lol so worth giving a go m8.

got a keg of Tennents for 50 quid as well, co2 was a tenner...

well worth the money.

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have just seen a Philips PerfectDraft Home draft system HD3620 anyone used one or come across any others?

marra

DW Regular
Reaction score
I have just seen a Philips PerfectDraft Home draft system HD3620 anyone used one or come across any others?

i would watch with that type mate once the kegs start disappering your screwed imo i suppose it wouldnt be to bad if the pump/bar bit was cheap. this site might be worth a look mate Link they seem to stock a few kegs

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats an expensive pint lol 6litre keg £23.99 and you may get what about 9/10 pints out of it?

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I brew my own all grain beer and serve it through 4 pub taps. My setup is as follows, I will try and post a pic tomorrow. 1 x pub Co2 cyclinder, 1 x gas management board (a single reg will do but you will only be able to serve at one pressure), 4 x Cornelius kegs and 4 taps all connected up using John Guest fittings with 3/8 and 5/16 inch tubing. I do have a hand pull, not connected yet and a beer chiller that I use in summer.

Same as me m8 i got my stuff off norm on ebay and bought a second hand fridge freezer to turn into a keggerator. Can keep hops in the freezer compartment in vac sealed bags too.

Ive got 2 cornys that i use in rotation which suits how often i brew. I made all my micro brewery myself too.:)

Andrew Pottinger

Inactive User
Reaction score
TEST