I think my foot is broken

Explosivo

Inactive User
Reaction score
on tuesday night i was coming down my stairs and wasn't paying attention to what i was doing.

about three stairs uppfrom the bottom i must have over stepped because the next thing i was in a heap at the bottom of the stairs in agony

anyway i was sure my foot was hanging off and only held on by the skin so an ambulance was called.

then they wheeled me out to the ambulance in a wee whellchair and i felt like a right plank.

anyway, i got an xray and the doctor told me that it wasn't broke and it was just soft tissue dammage
"go home and keep your foot raised up and take these ibuprofens" he said

but now it looks like this and i cant walk on it

PICT0031.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

PICT0032.jpg

is this normal for soft tissue dammage?

give it another day or two and you will be walking ok but no sport for 12weeks usually

Ouch ............

I done this kind of injury on my knee a few years back , and yes it was just soft tissue damage they said I had got after the mri scan .

Didnt they give you any crutches as it looks like you gonna need some .

Sore
I did same sort of fall at work they said keep it up 5 days l8ter my toes were blue went back to Hospital and i had 3 broken bones
5 Plasters l8ter and 5 years on my foot is still crap and i think im getting arthrites in it

Sorry about your foot - looks like a really bad sprain.

:(

if your not happy with the x-ray go back to casualty they can miss small cracks, chips etc, but you have probably done the same thing i did a few year back i badly damaged,bruised and torn the ligaments in my foot could hardly walk on it and driving was out of the question for a good few weeks, i could only wear slippers and trainers that were a very loose fit, keep taking the pain killers they will help and try to exercise that foot just do some tapping toes exercises to keep the ankle nimble (thats if its not broke of course).

ahhhh get up yer big pansy!! Can't see nowt wrong LOL

Seriously though, I know where you;re coming from as done something similar. Hope you get well soon mate.

yes mate its normal i did mine all my leg from top to bottom looked like someone had pumped it up give it a couple of weeks and you will be fine
it looks great when all bruising starts to go and you turn yellow lol

faz

I sprained my ankle a few years back, swelled right up and turned lovely shades of purple and yellow almost up to my knee. Was on crutches for at least a week and got lot's of 'a sprain can be more painful than a break' consolation that didn't cheer me up in the slightest.

All that swelling does makes it harder to spot small cracks though, so they had me go back for a second x-ray a few days later once it had gone down a bit to make sure that there wasn't a break.

you need to show us what it looked like before. same foot only

ok what did you really do ??

people use the excuse falling down the stairs all the time

i rekon you tripped up in the city centre in front of a reallt hot female :)

lol

only j/k

hope it gets better

Back