I think I've killed me box!!!

Mark_The_Yid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I was setting up bouquets on a dreambox I got for a mate. Once finished I plugged the scart back into mine and I found the screen saying "flash complete with the background on radio. Oh sh*t I thought. Whilst using the remote on mates box it had also been operating mine doing god only knows what.

After re-booting it it was just a black screen so I flashed the original image back on with dream up v1.2.2.0 but it is still dead. I have tried dream up again but still the same. Have I killed it or is there something I can do?

Any advise would be gratefully received.

Do a flash erase twice using dreamup then flash the original firmware. The flash whatever image you want.

Results are the same mate. The black screen seems to flash from dark complete black to a lighter black constantly

what image did you reflash using dreamup with m8? don't worry you cant break these boxes...it just a little patience and time that will get it back:)

Last edited:
Re-flashed with original dream image for new tuner driver. I have used this method once before with same image after a bad flash. before I wrecked it I was using dream plus 0.9b.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rise Sir Pmoore!!!! Worked a treat.

Out of interest and for future reference could you explain why dream up would flash this one but not the original?

: multi : Many thanks fella: multi :

Rise Sir Pmoore!!!! Worked a treat.

Out of interest and for future reference could you explain why dream up would flash this one but not the original?

: multi : Many thanks fella: multi :

Neutrino images are not as straight forward m8 (they are easy but need a little more reading)). Now get this image 100% working for you i.e Service file and boquets, get all your channels orders so they are right for you.

when you are 100% happy with image

press blue
DW Dream Menu
Image Backup & Restore
press red

A full backup is now saved in the tmp folder of your dreambox

next FTP your box and copy the image in your temp folder to your PC (this is now your backup)

When ever you mess up your box do the following

Reflash a the same image you just put on your box

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forum...o=file&id=1039
then ftp your backup image to the tmp folder on your dreambox

Next

press blue
DW Dream Menu
Image Backup & Restore
press green

This then installs your backup image on the box, It will reboot itself,

He presto you have your box working again 100%

Hope that helps m8:)

Last edited:
M8 reflash using latest DW 1.6 image

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/1039/

using dreamup , do a scan and let us know howe you get on:)

Have to say when I read that thought it would not work, and the only way to unbrick a Dream was to reflash the origional image. Thats the great thing about these forums, as long as you can be bothered to read the posts and the Tuts you lean so much.

Pleased the OP got his prob solved

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to say when I read that thought it would not work, and the only way to unbrick a Dream was to reflash the origional image. Thats the great thing about these forums, as long as you can be bothered to read the posts and the Tuts you lean so much.

Pleased the OP got his prob solved

We all make a great team on here m8:)

Yep its a great forum, just hope that I manage to help a few people as well as using everyone else advice

Already noticed you have been helping other people m8.... Sometimes you do it without, knowing you are actually doing so:)

Already noticed you have been helping other people m8.... Sometimes you do it without, knowing you are actually doing so:)

Cheers Mate nice of you to say so my knowlege is limited compaired to the DFs of this worldz but I try:THANKS:

Glad you're up and running again mark.

But I'm intrigued to know why the original image wouldn't work yet the DW image worked! Hmmmm!!!!

Back