I think I need a Spiderbox ?

Worzel

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys + Gals,

Have recently come off the cable after about 15 years and as I worked in the trade for that amount of time obviously it came with its perks, free tv, but as you all know it has pretty much come to an end!
So this is why I am here as I have decided to go down the path of satellite tv,
Having read substantial amounts of threads, and as a newbie to this game I may be looking at a Spiderbox to get me started ?

My other dilemma is that my other half is Dutch and my 2 kids speak Dutch so I would like to be able to pick up the channels from the Netherlands, I have been told a motorised dish will be a must, and needs to be around 1 meter in diameter!
Trouble is I also love to watch the premier league, championship, moto gp, films and discovery but that means Sly tv and dont wanna pay those monthly prices.
So what i'm really trying to say is can I get all this on a Spiderbox ??
I'm not bothered about the cost but dont want to get my pants pulled down either. If something is really good I don't mind paying for it.

Thanks in advance,

Worzel :silly:

You wont get sly uk on a spiderbox if you are just using the gift......you will need to get that share from another server.

There are plenty of Dutch channels catchable!:Clap:
Personally, I think you should get the SpiderBox HD 9000 receiver.
You will not regret in the slightest!

You'll get a whole gift pack with tons of channels (Al Jazeera Sports, CANAL+SPORTS and Nova Sports package are included)!
So you'll be able to watch all your English, Dutch, etc leagues of football matches!:banana:

No need for Sky Sports, Sky Movies, ever again!
It works straight away. It is very simple. And the HD picture quality is superb.
Up to 10,000 channels programmable. So you'll never ever be bored again.

You can then plugin your Sky Viewing Card inside the Spiderbox receiver and watch all your Sky digital channels that are located in Astra 2.

Now I don't use Sky Digital anymore.
From now on I am using the Spiderbox HD 9000 receiver only.

Its a great receiver. I upgraded recently from a Technomate 1000 to the spiderbox HD 9000. Haven't regretted in the slightest.

The problem is that the gift only lasts for one year (at least we hope it lasts that long). What happens afterwards nobody knows. Not good if you are totally relying solely on the gift. You probably don't want to buy a new Spiderbox every year.

Also not all the channels open all of the time and a lot of people have at least some freezing issues.

A Sky sub may be the answer for you (I don't know) or going down the sharing route (but then you need something to share).

And the Dutch channels have now reopened after having been down for some time. They could go again at any time. Same goes for any channel/package on the gift really. There are always new channels being added though to be fair.

....No need for Sky Sports, Sky Movies, ever again!
This is worth noting because people believe they need sky to watch movies and sports. Its simply not true and only down to you watching too many adverts in the uk or reading uk newspapers.
The premier league has FAR better coverage abroad and range of movies is also better from abroad too imho. Whatever receiver you get I am sure you will soon realise that "the sky brand" is not what you want.

... or going down the sharing route (but then you need something to share).
This is a myth. Cardsharing is not about the need to have a card to share back. Some servers may want this, but the majority wont work like this at all. Mostly you pay for access to a share to gain channels. 'Cardshare' refers to the ability of one card to share its functioning with numerous receivers.

IF the gift lasts a year, and is an ongoing thing, nobody knows what the score is going to be once the year has expired, but i personally doubt youll be able to 'renew' your gift as people will complain that the cost of the 'gift' could be as high as the receiver itself

i myself think buying a new spiderbox after the year is up makes sense as you will have a new receiver, covered by another 12 months warranty, if you was to pay a cardshare server for access, youd pay around £15-20 a month anyway

so buy a new receiver, sell the old one for about £90, that way, when everything is balanced out, you would have a HD receiver for 2 years, fully covered by warranty, and all the channels, for around £10 a month

thats how i look at it anyway

i myself think buying a new spiderbox after the year is up makes sense as you will have a new receiver, covered by another 12 months warranty, if you was to pay a cardshare server for access, youd pay around £15-20 a month anyway

so buy a new receiver, sell the old one for about £90, that way, when everything is balanced out, you would have a HD receiver for 2 years, fully covered by warranty, and all the channels, for around £10 a month

thats how i look at it anyway

That is certainly a way to go. Hadn't looked at it like that.

But when you talk about a pay server then I think you get a lot more packages opening (just about everything I believe) in stead of the limited (though very nice) packages currently opening on the Spiderbox. Although I'm not so familiar with these servers. So your reasoning isn't 100% correct in my opinion.

yes, but it also depends what channels youre looking to clear, not everyone wants the uk providors. a lot of people are happy with footy, a few films, and xxx

for someone on a budget, its ideal, as if you go to a paid server, yes you get more, but you also pay out more for it, the cost of the receiver PLUS nearly the same amount again for the server access, if you are gonna do this for just the one providor, get together with a few friends and split the cost of a sub between you, and use that alongside the 'gift'

yes, but it also depends what channels youre looking to clear, not everyone wants the uk providors. a lot of people are happy with footy, a few films, and xxx

for someone on a budget, its ideal, as if you go to a paid server, yes you get more, but you also pay out more for it, the cost of the receiver PLUS nearly the same amount again for the server access, if you are gonna do this for just the one providor, get together with a few friends and split the cost of a sub between you, and use that alongside the 'gift'

Yes, you are right :respect:. I've been looking at this to much from a point of maximum number of channels to clear and not from a point of practical use and economic sense. :slaps::evil23:

And also it is very hot. :hot:

It is always tempting to get more and more channels open but the cost often outweighs the benefits. Also you can only watch one channel at a time. And most people (me included) have a selection of channels that they watch on a regular basis.

This is worth noting because people believe they need sky to watch movies and sports. Its simply not true and only down to you watching too many adverts in the uk or reading uk newspapers.
The premier league has FAR better coverage abroad and range of movies is also better from abroad too imho. Whatever receiver you get I am sure you will soon realise that "the sky brand" is not what you want.
Your right.
I was in the same boat where I took Sky Sports. And they hardly broadcast the Football matches that I wanted to see.
Can't watch Serie A, German Bundesliga, etc

A year before that I took Setanta Sports, although that was better than Sky Sports in term of football broadcastings. Unfortunately it collapsed in the UK.
I even lost money, they wouldn't even refund my whole year subscription back then. If only I knew about the SpiderBox back then, I wouldn't have taken Setanta Sports.

Now I have Satellite and its just a such a dream to watch all of the sports action now.
I only got the Satellite about 2 months ago. I have yet to watch the Premier League or any other club league football action.
But having watched the World Cup in HD, I am very impressed!:Clap:

Also looking at the amount of HD channels the spiderbox has to offer compared to Sky HD. I mean, its just unbelievable.

In fact not only is it great for sports. But also for other documentary and educational TV channels, which I could never get to watch with Sky due to their high cost of monthly subscription.

Channels like these which I have always admired Nat Geo HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, Discovery HD, Eurosport HD, Animal Planet HD, etc, etc all of that in the Spiderbox.

Rather than paying over £160 for Sky HD.
Sky are exploiters when it comes to HD and TV channels.

Although I now have Sky Basic Package. I use to have Sky World Package and to be honest, even the Sky World Package is more inferior compared to the Gift and all the other channels that you can find in the SpiderBox HD 9000 receiver.

I suppose only Sky Broadband is worth the money.:lol:
The rest of the Sky TV package is very overpriced and they are basically taking advantage of the naive people who don't know about Satellite.

No regrets for the Spiderbox receiver. I highly recommend it. I don't think anyone would regret buying the Spiderbox receiver (unless he/she has no interest in watching TV).;)

Even after the Gift expires in 1 year time, you can then buy Al Jazeera Sports package viewing card for £70-£90 and it will still be more economical than Sky Sports or ESPN.:)

No regrets for the Spiderbox receiver. I highly recommend it. I don't think anyone would regret buying the Spiderbox receiver (unless he/she has no interest in watching TV).
That's right m8. I love my Spiderbox too.

And it's not only Sky that is overpriced. Same here for Flemish cable. I pay my provider a fortune.

To get BBC HD (and some others that don't interrest me) they wan't 5euro's per month more from me. Now I can get it for free with my spiderbox. And so much more.

I'll switch over completely to satellite when my son is a bit older. Now cable has channels I can't get with satellite.

Thanks for the info guys,

Your right about the premiership football coverage in europe, I lived in Holland for 2 years and you could watch a premier league match on a saturday afternoon on they're normal terestrial channels, the equivelant to our bbc or itv, Its a joke really!

So from what i've read it looks like i'm looking to purchase the Spiderbox 9000hd, have looked on flea bay and seen some being sold on there, or a few miles from me there is a place called bubble supplies and he sells them, so may take a look over there.

Thanks again chaps :Clap:

Worzel.... :silly:

Thanks for the info guys,

Your right about the premiership football coverage in europe, I lived in Holland for 2 years and you could watch a premier league match on a saturday afternoon on they're normal terestrial channels, the equivelant to our bbc or itv, Its a joke really!

So from what i've read it looks like i'm looking to purchase the Spiderbox 9000hd, have looked on flea bay and seen some being sold on there, or a few miles from me there is a place called bubble supplies and he sells them, so may take a look over there.

Thanks again chaps :Clap:

Worzel.... :silly:
how can i contact this bubble supplies?

Back