i suggest yous make a section of the forum for raspberry pi

joeblaze

DW Regular
Reaction score
specifically raspberry pi 2 b i think.

i have tried a few things and i always fail so its just sitting there wasting away lol but i love giving it a go so make a section for the raspberry pi 2 b so people can maybe give suggestions about what i can do with it.

cheers

I suggested a Pi forum about a year ago and got quite a few 'likes'.

There's no point in restricting it to one particular model though.

Think you would get more than that as its not the streaming that makes the pi stand out as for the money needed to set up a pi for streaming
you can get better devices. Its more the other stuff you can do that will get posts, maybe not as much as other sections but the pc section doesnt get a lot

Think you would get more than that as its not the streaming that makes the pi stand out as for the money needed to set up a pi for streaming
you can get better devices. Its more the other stuff you can do that will get posts, maybe not as much as other sections but the pc section doesnt get a lot

Agreed, streaming is just one small aspect of what a Pi can do. I don't honestly think that an upsurge in posts about it in 'Other Boxes' is a useful indicator.

why not just call the new section IoT as in internet of things. This could encompass more than just the pi. If post about the pi, or other inexpensive mini computers started to escalate, you could separate them later. Maybe get people to use the tag Pi for easier separation later. The IoT area could be an off shoot of the computer section.

Just my 2p worth.

Last edited:
Well its not just my call lads these are just my thoughts.

Other members and team may push it across the line ;)

I though we had a Pi room at one time, maybe it was just something that was talked about, I can't remember.

I can't imagine a dedicated room getting much use though. The Hobby room might be a good place if anyone wants to start any threads on it:

Hobby Room

No raspberry coloured tag though, need CSS updated for that I think.

Raspberry low level code is proprietary isn't it?

I'd rather twiddle with a PIC or small ARM core otherwise it isn't close enough to the hardware for me.

If there was a pi section then it may spark some growth as it would attract search engine traffic etc . Would be nice if there was a sticky hi lighting what their potential and maybe a couple of project tutorials from experienced pi users. Just my thoughts ;)

I'm a big fan and I've had Pi's since tthe start but stopped looking at them as streaming boxes a long time agp when most of my library went x265 and it just couldn't handle the larger resolutions etc.

I've used them extensively as IoT boxes and even wasted a chunk of my life pissing away hours with WIndows when it was first announced but lack of driver support made it useless. The whole arduino and electronic hobbyist side of it is very popular but its going to be hard to pin it down to a single forum as its crossover use from Kodi et al to Linux/Electronic etc are poles apart

I'm a big fan and I've had Pi's since tthe start but stopped looking at them as streaming boxes a long time agp when most of my library went x265 and it just couldn't handle the larger resolutions etc.

I've used them extensively as IoT boxes and even wasted a chunk of my life pissing away hours with WIndows when it was first announced but lack of driver support made it useless. The whole arduino and electronic hobbyist side of it is very popular but its going to be hard to pin it down to a single forum as its crossover use from Kodi et al to Linux/Electronic etc are poles apart

This was why I was a bit hesitant; they do span a range of uses.

Maybe the Hobby room should be for Pi projects that use the GPIO pins?

Back