I need you help guys

hoss6800

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi,

A friend of mine have a sky set to watch FTA channels, and he also wanted to watch some of the Hotbird channels without spending a lot. So what I did was found him a second hand dish and installed it pointing at hotbird and connected it to the sky receiver and got the channels he wanted (on extra channels option 6). Now every time he wants to swap between sky and hotbird he has to turn off the receiver and change the cable. I was wondering if buying 2-1 DiSEqC will help.
Could you please let me now if it is alright to get one of these, any please post anything you might think i need to know, since I have never used one of these.

Thanks

no it wont m8 as the sly dodgeybox is a pile of crap, what youll need as a manual A-B switch used in reverse. this is meant to have one dish connected to 2 receivers, you then either choose receiver A or B to be connected to the dish by manually pressing the A or B button. they can be used backwards though by connecting a dish to connector A and B and the receiver to the center dish connection, now when you hit the switch you are selecting between the 2 dishes instead ;)

theyre about 8 quid

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MANUAL-F-Conn...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

hi Digidude

and thanks for your reply.
I was wondering if he needs to switch off the receiver before manualy select a dish or can it be done while the receive is on.

Thanks
Hoss

It works while the receiver is on. However the dodgybox's arent very stable so sometimes a lack of signal will cause it to just lock/freeze until you unplug & re-plug power.

Thanks guys

Just ordered a manual switch for him.

thanks for your help
hoss6800

Back