I need HELP !!

ash213

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys,

in need of some help, as i cannot post in some of the other sections of the board yet.

i have just bought a dreambox, and got virgin broadband/phone line switched on.

what i need to know is what do i do with this splitter ?? and how do i connect the dreambox to modem ? or what am i suposed to do ?

i can see a large box downstairs which saying 'telewest broadband' on it, with a big white cable coming out of it...and i sposed to put the splitter into that ?

also my computer is upstairs so hows all that gonna work ?!?

cheers

hi guys,

in need of some help, as i cannot post in some of the other sections of the board yet.

i have just bought a dreambox, and got virgin broadband/phone line switched on.

what i need to know is what do i do with this splitter ?? and how do i connect the dreambox to modem ? or what am i suposed to do ?

i can see a large box downstairs which saying 'telewest broadband' on it, with a big white cable coming out of it...and i sposed to put the splitter into that ?

also my computer is upstairs so hows all that gonna work ?!?

cheers

This should really have all been thought about before buying a dreambox.

Anyway somewhere in your house you will probably have an attenuator with 2 cables coming out of it (one going into it)? The two cables will be going to your modem and the other to your phone (a small box on wall). You need to replace this attenuator with a 3 way splitter and buy more cable and use the third tap on the splitter to go to your dreambox.

Oh and your dreambox gets connected to your PC so it would be beneficial if it was close enough to your PC to be linked together.

An attenuator looks like a splitter but will have a dB rating on it, an attenuator "clips" your signal. If you dont have one in your house then take the cable thats going into your broadband and just split that with a 2 way splitter one going back into the broadband and the other going to your dreambox.

mate:

Why do they put an attenuator??? and normally where do they put it?

Many thanks. :Clap:

too strong a signal can be as bad as too weak a signal so the engineers will attenuate the signal when they set up your connection .Its in the white box inside your house

Back