I like Wood

sceleratus

Reaction score
t would be cool if someone would let me know if they can see my images...... because I don't have authorization. they're supposed to be full size but that's not happening. I just whacked a whole paragraph

IMG_0074.jpgIMG_0009.JPG300B-8.JPGPanel-3.JPGTableFrt-1.JPGTableFrt-2.JPG300B Amp Case-1.JPG47147605042_07a696688f_o.JPG47147647642_4ce085bbbf_o.JPG

Last edited:
This is for the above message.... Don't ask.
Spent most of my adult life in technology making stuff talk to other stuff. Started before the public Internet when it was IBM, DEC Sperry Univac, CDC and the like then Cisco yada yada yada. Sold my company, now I make sawdust but the sh.. still haunts me daily
So as a new guy here I’ll post some of my stuff:
First Up
The Tom Christiansen Damn Good 300B
Bob Brines Mass-Loaded Transmission Line Speakers
Tom’s a very good design engineer and he produces great documentation and instructions. Which is great because I’m just a solder monkey. Read chart….. pick the right part….. solder in the correct location……. sound is good. What I did design is the enclosure and the controls.
The supporting documentation for Bob Brines speakers really opened my eyes. I can’t say I learned anything because the calculations were way beyond my comprehension. It’s not build a box and stick a speaker in…..everything is matched, the cone displacement and the box volume plus six other factors. This post from Tom Christiansen will give you an idea what goes into speaker design.
Speaker Design by Tom Christiansen

Last edited:
One of the fun things of "Valve" amplifiers is listening to and collecting vintage valves (tubes) Here are a couple of my fav's
1965 Amprex 6922 USN/CEP These are 9-pin Receiving valves. Which means they receive the signal from the antenna and pass it along to the amplifying valve. They have a very full rich sound. Yes there is a difference, especially older than 1970.
Amprex6922_65-1.jpg
The Amprex E1CC88 RTC 62' Wine for the ears. France not only produces great wine but in this case great sound. This same valve was made in several Amprex factories around the globe. (Herleen Holland. Hicksville, NY and others) but the valves produced in France sound far beyond the others. IMO they also beat the Telefunken, Cca, etc.
Not pictured
1958 Amprex "D" Getter Bugle Boys. Sublime
AmprexRTC-1.jpg

I can see the images just fine, what are the issues with images and paragraphs.

bloody hell man thats very impressive. well done alot of work and patience i dont have it.

anything i try it always gets to 1 thing always stops me then i give up and move on to the next failure. is it like that for you have to keep trying different stuffs or just you know the score all plain sailing?

are those lightbulb looking things used instead of magnets if anyone knows let me know

old style values like the old tv and audio stuff user to have

Most serious guitar players will still use valve amp technology. The difference in sound from solid state and digital is immense

Yes indeed
In fact I was surprised to learn from a documentary that The Edge uses vintage amps for U2 concerts. In this case he mics up old Vox amps into the mega-google stadium amp so fans hear the warm sounds they can't give.

U2b.jpg

U2.jpg

Back