I know, I know - But still Kein System

coleing

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have read god know how many other threads on the "kein system" message. However, none of the techniques work for me.

My usual network setup is a dbox2/router router/pc.

I understand I need to use a crossover cable (which I have tried).

I follow all the steps, but can never get the "flashing" message.

Even the remote system boot doesnt work on my nokia. (hold up and standby). WHen I power on, I just keep getting "kein system" and nothing happens in IFA.

I have tried what seems like hundreds of times.

I have ordered a null cable but have read its not neccessary.

Any help appreciated.

Do I need to do something to my network settings ( i usuallyuse DHCP. I have tried assigning a static IP with the crossover cable, but not really sure what to type in).

How does the remote boot thig work? my remote will not seem to reboot the box while in "kein system"

Hi m8...
You probably know 'kein system' means you've got the wrong image for your box, i.e. a 1x image on a 2x box and vice vera.
Keep the box unplugged untill you get the message box from IFA saying it's going to be flashed with the new software. Right after you click OK, plug the box in. If you're running Windows XP SP2 you'll need to click UNBLOCK for the firewall. IFA Flashing Assistant should appear in the dbox lcd and the software does the rest. If it's a Sagen 1x box it can take up to 10 minutes. Because you've not got a null modem cabe, you won't see any output data appearing on the command windows. You should get another message box with an OK option when the image has been flashed. Click OK and unplug box from mains. Power up again and all should be ok.
Another way to boot the box is to hold the three buttons, on the front of the box, in at the same time.
Hope this helps m8.

Hi

Thx for the input.

My "kein system" was not because I have the wrong image file. The box was working fine, until I tried to set up network settings ont he box, and when I pressed save settings, the box froze. I rebooted the box, and then I got the kein system message.

I have done all of the steps you said above, but I never get the "flashing" message.

Try adjusting the settings for your network card.

Go to the properties of your netowrk card, select configure, advanced, Link Speed/Duplex Mode. If it's at Auto Negotiation try changing it 10 base half duplex, if that doesn't work, try the other options.

@coleing
Use your crossover cable and set the network card connected to the box to 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
If you use your router the dhcp server answering the bootp request from the box and let IFA no chance to kick in.

I was in similar position a few days ago. I eventually rigged up my old pc with bare minimum installed on it and now that works every time. I can't remember whos post it was that said xp updates make it harder, but they were right and I thank them for it. If you have and old system or can borrow one then I'd recomend trying it.

Yea basically just take the router out of the equation.... it DOES work without it but you give yourself more of a chance of success if you directly connect your DBOX to your PC, and assign a static IP address as mgb says.

Remember to disable all antivirus, firewall, trojan, adware, spyware and even popup blockers and worm protection. Disable ALL network connections other than the one you are using (only applicable if you have more than 1 ethernet port on your PC).

Ok guys, I waited until my null cable modem arrived, but I still cant get it working, and ive tried sooo hard :-(

Ok, could it be my crossover cable? It only seems to recognise the connection when the cable is plugged in a certain way around.??

I have uninstalled my antivirus, and disabled my firewall (kerio) AND disabled windows firewall.

The null modem gives me some feedback, but it never works, keeps showing the 10 boot requests, but the pc never picks them up.

Any other ways to flash the box?

Also, my dbox was originally set up to run with an IP address of 192.168.5.101. Does this make any difference now?

How doe sthe dbox send out data over a network cable if it doesnt have an IP address?

All I get is the following log from IFA :-
=======================================================
ÿdebug: DDF: Calibrating delay loop... debug: DDF: 67.79 BogoMIPS
debug: BMon V1.2 mID 01
debug: feID 7a gtxID 0b
debug: fpID 5a dsID http://Hallenberg.com
debug: HWrev 09 FPrev 0.81
debug: B/Ex/Fl(MB) 32/00/08
WATCHDOG reset enabled
debug: autoboot aborted from terminal
dbox2:root> boot net net net net net net net net net net
debug:
BOOTP/TFTP bootstrap loader (v0.3)
debug:
debug: Transmitting BOOTP request via broadcast
debug: Given up BOOTP/TFTP boot
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
boot: elfcopy failed: 16
dbox2:root>
------ Systeminformations ------
Selected networkdevice: NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport (0)
IP-address of the networkdevice: 192.168.5.105
IP-address which the dbox gets: 192.168.5.202