i got a Tescos cheque for fuel

madnlooney

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
well after writing to tescos about the fuel damaging my car and getting it repaired i got a cheque through the post today £319.65:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
hopefully if anyone else had any damage also gets a nice refund too

well after writing to tescos about the fuel damaging my car and getting it repaired i got a cheque through the post today £319.65:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
hopefully if anyone else had any damage also gets a nice refund too

so was your car damaged?? or did you pull a fast one?
what ever great result mate

which station did you fill up from mate what town etc also did they ask for any proof? for fuel repair costs etc and what car were it ill right to em too

out for nowt....lol

c'mon mate ive got me microsoft office open waiting to write a letter need the details?

im waiting for the details mate before i can write the letter ive got the phone mumbers just need a story...lol im definately trying it though

im waiting for the details mate before i can write the letter ive got the phone mumbers just need a story...lol im definately trying it though

let me know what your up 2 then m8, i will share with ya 50/50 what i get.........lol.........

in all honesty,tesco seem to want to give money away.
my dad mounted a kerb in tescos and blew out all his tyres,when he told tesco's they said that the area was not well lit and they were liable for damages,we couldnt beleive it.
so my dad went to halfords got a quote for some nice 17" wheels and tyres,then we received two letters one saying sorry to here a trolley had hit your car??????????,then one stating that halfords could bill tesco's direct for the amount which was about 500 quid,all went sweet as a nut the old man had new wheels.
so tesco's insurance policy was spot on for me old fella.

I'm in too, surely couldn't be that difficult to make up a letter of some sort with a repair bill. Just A4 size piece of paper will do. :eater:

Gona ask a m8 who works in a garage about it.

ok heres locations
h**p://www.tesco.com/petrol/storelist.asp

and heres all the info
h**p://www.tesco.com/petrol/petrol.asp

i wrote a letter explaining that my car was filled up and then a day later was having the symptoms that id read about in the media. lose of power in lower revs then finding power, juddering and struggling to idle.
Took car to garage and they replaced the oxygen sensor which rectified the fault. In the letter i explained the car was running fine until i filled up at one of there pumps. i also explained due to needing my car for work i couldn't go to work that day as i had to take car to garage meaning i lose a days money.
it took a week for a reply from them saying they are dealing with it and 2 weeks later i got the cheque.
I needed to include copy of fuel receipt and garage bill with the letter.
Hope it clears things up for people who have PM'ed me wanting to claim for there *cough* broken cars.
shame mine was really broken tho :(
Good luck to anyone who gets free money

Back