hyperterm & boot.exe help :-(

treats

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Ive had a good browse on the forum and also have the haynes manual which i find abit sketchy when it comes to the 232 & hyperterm bit.

Software Version: SB4100-0.4.9.4-SCM02-NOSH

Ive changed the ip in Network Connection as shown in the haynes manual.

What ip should Boot.exe have? Haynes manual shows a 82.**.**.** ive tried 192.168.100.1 and also .10

In hyperterm when exactly should i be pressing 2? Ive tried to press it a few times when asked "Press any key to stop auto boot" but no No2 appears in the text
At this point Boot.exe just seems to sit there displaying Boot Server started"

Ive included a screen dump

Ive been on this for a total of 10hrs its drivin me up the wall : shocked2

Cheers guys

Yes ive set the ip in the network connections.
Its just in boot.exe what ip should i be putting in?

*Edit* Where did that guys reply go?

ther's no ip to set on boot exe just ur network card make sure its correct an also Hyperterm baud settings to 38400 press any key then press 2 then enter

ther's no ip to set on boot exe just ur network card make sure its correct an also Hyperterm baud settings to 38400 press any key then press 2 then enter

this is the man to listen to got me through the last few days with probs on my modem

oh and by the way done it know thanks to gentlex

cheers again !!!!!!!!

ok m8..wen u start hyperterm u hit 2 as soon as u power up the modem to stop the modem booting up....it shud just say sb4100 boot 2 if u get it right ....once uve stopped the boot process u need 2 type the new bootline in the hyperterm consul...the bootline u shud type is.....
2 enetBcm(0,0)admin:/opt/vwMIPS_1_0_1_fcs/target/config/sb4100/vxWorks.st h=192.168.100.10 e=192.168.100.1 u=jmcqueen pw=rickey7 f=0x8 tn=SB4100 o=bs1.....then hit enter.....

1nst u type that then fireball will kick in....

Last edited:
Back