Hydroponics... NFT Anyone ?

cliffy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Had a couple of half tidy crops of my "tomatoes" in soil, but this NFT system has really caught my eye lately and im wondering if anyone has gone down this road ? If so would you recommend ? Ive Read up loads on it and it seems safe enough, I understand it all fine but is the results as good as ppl say ? And in half the time !!??? It does seem less hassle and mess.
I asked a few of the boys yesterday, 2 of em said whaaaat? and the other tried blinding me with science.

I'm tempted to get one of those all in kits today, similar to the ones on HERE
Any advise anyone ?

Unless you are going for it bigtime i wouldnt bother with nft,it will speed things up a bit and give a bigger yield but everything has to be bang on, it will not half the time.i think you will be better sticking to dirt and looking into adding c02 at the correct time that will give you the results i think you are looking for.

No, im only after the smallest one, same as ebay link but smaller, just percy, 4 plants maybe, not looking for big time just easier time, had loads of probs in soil, also suposed to be a lot better quality....now thats wot im after ;)

Soil is a lot easier than hydro,as for quality you need better stock, growing in soil/hydro makes no difference to quality its just a different growing medium.if you are doing 4x its not worth going hydro because of the cost of the tank and all the extra stuff you will need e/c pen, diff nutts ect.i have had done both methods in the past,not for many years i might add but back in the day i spent a lot of time leaning the science behind this subject.my advice is use good stock, stick to dirt and most of all get the water right.

I use NFTs for Tomatoes too mate. lol. I have 2 tanks, a small one, and large one. If your going to use them, then I would suggest getting a nutrient stick, makes life a lot easier.

Really simple to use mate, add water, nutrient, measure nutrient level, and bang done. You can check the PH too if you wish, but mine is constantly around 6/7. Nutrient level no higher than 16.

Setup costs including nutrient stick would be around £100. I can show you some photos if you want cliffy mate. PM me.

I use NFTs for Tomatoes too mate. lol. I have 2 tanks, a small one, and large one. If your going to use them, then I would suggest getting a nutrient stick, makes life a lot easier.

[highlight]Really simple to use mate, add water, nutrient, measure nutrient level, and bang done. You can check the PH too if you wish, but mine is constantly around 6/7. Nutrient level no higher than 16. [/highlight]

Setup costs including nutrient stick would be around £100. I can show you some photos if you want cliffy mate. PM me.

spot on m8, thats exactly wot i wanted to no. pm sent.

Back