hydrogen generator

tcampos

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm trying to create and make a comercial hydrogen gas generator based in the youtube videos but I have some questions unsolved, can I stock the gas into commum cilinder? And about the security valve, is it the same acetylene gas? Thanks.:proud:

Not a clue on your question.

BUT ...... Where do you live ? Cos if it's anywhere near me I've either got to quadrupole insurance or move. Cos I predict there's gonna be a crater soon lol

Sent from my iPhone using Fingers and thumbs ...

Not a clue on your question.

BUT ...... Where do you live ? Cos if it's anywhere near me I've either got to quadrupole insurance or move. Cos I predict there's gonna be a crater soon lol

Sent from my iPhone using Fingers and thumbs ...

Sorry for my poor english, I already have a prototype, it has a couple stainless steel spiral inside a little tube, it produces a lot of gas. Me and my partner in this project want use the gas to burn it to produce warm water, to save energy, anyway.
I'm a student in Brazil :-| tks

if you still only have two post next week we no you have killed yourself

yes, for this reason I want to do the safe form, like folow laws if they exist. I have no much information about it here.

sorry bobby123 I didn't understand your sentence

But surely producing the hydrogen is endothermic i.e. uses more energy than you will get back from it, so what is the point?
@bobby123 significa "Se nós não vemos mais a comunicação com você, talvez o gerador de hidrogênio explodiu e te-matou".

Mas, certamente, produzir o hidrogênio é endotérmico ou seja usa mais energia do que você vai voltar a partir dele, então porque?

I suppose being a student is all about drinking. I mean learning.....

Last edited by a moderator:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
mental

Last edited by a moderator:
@trevortron like drinking part
it's all Portuguese to me

my idea is: the hydrolysis need to occur all day long, a stationary battery is the responsible to do that, a couple of solar cells suplies the battery. When the people request warm water hydrogen will be sent a burner to heat water. My problem to finish my idea is how to stock the gas safely.

wtf? the guy killed himself, my system use a firebreake valve, this kind of accidente should not happen :Mad2: lol

You would need a CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) container, so acetylene containers are along the right sort of type BUT filling would be a dangerous action. The container would have to be purged of O2 by using something like helium and then you would require a very high pressure to transfer the hydrogen into the container.
Plus the size of the acetylene tank would mean it would hold a fairly minimum amount of gas and so would only last for a very very short period.
As you are in Brazil, would you not be better concentrating on using solar power ? This would be much safer power to harness, store and use.

You would need a CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) container, so acetylene containers are along the right sort of type BUT filling would be a dangerous action. The container would have to be purged of O2 by using something like helium and then you would require a very high pressure to transfer the hydrogen into the container.
Plus the size of the acetylene tank would mean it would hold a fairly minimum amount of gas and so would only last for a very very short period.
As you are in Brazil, would you not be better concentrating on using solar power ? This would be much safer power to harness, store and use.

I think the theory is to use solar (PV) to generate the H, the problem of course arises when it comes to compressing & storing the stuff. I managed to dismantle (at great speed) a car battery once, so I know only too well the potential of that stuff. I had 4 days in the eye hospital to think about it
clear.png

Going back to the OP, it would be insanity to attempt to store hydrogen in a container. It's too volatile and the storage density would be too low - always assuming you didn't blow yourself to atoms in the attempt!

Back