Huwaei p40 pro notifications

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys got a p40 pro..cantvget any notifications to work outlook, whatsapp, telegram , facebook etc...I cloned my s8 to the p40 pro..anyvideas? Ta

Dont think the p40 has google / android support

No I know it doesnt have google play..I'm using apps from it's own app gallery and petal search...

Oh dear..might have to sell..otherwise cracking phone...😉

if your trying to use a custom notification tone it will have to be in the correct folder and the app your trying to get notifications for must have access to the sound through storage in permissions of the app. also turn off face recognition in biometrics if its on

Last edited:
I have p30 lite , all notifications are working fine, not altered any settings.

Mines been reset to factory, all settings default still dont get them all. Its a major problem if you look online, Dont get facebook notifications which is annoying cause im in a few betting groups and I miss tips or bets and its all I use facebook for.

Sold my p40 ..nice phone but can't be arsed to mess about without Google play services...

Got rid of the Samsung A71 and got back a P20 pro best phone ever

I've had the P20 and P30 and never had problems with getting outlook, whatsapp, telegram notifications

On a P30 lite now and getting all notifications, it's all the later ones that can't get Google etc. Sure someone will come up with a workaround.

Now I have the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro not as good for the notifications, its hit or miss

Now I have the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro not as good for the notifications, its hit or miss
Have the same phone and never had an issue with notifications. I have been getting Xiaomi for family and friends for years and never had issues with them.

On most phones of you are having issues with notifications it's cause of options like battery saver, app settings/permissions. Make sure the apps you want notifications from are exempt.

Attachments

• IMG_20201105_235829.jpg
    IMG_20201105_235829.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 9
Have the same phone and never had an issue with notifications. I have been getting Xiaomi for family and friends for years and never had issues with them.

On most phones of you are having issues with notifications it's cause of options like battery saver, app settings/permissions. Make sure the apps you want notifications from are exempt.
Battery saver off or on? mine is off
settings/permissions mine have been granted

Battery saver off or on? mine is off
settings/permissions mine have been granted

I have battery saver off also but when its on I dont have any issues with notifications. What apps do the notifications not work with?

I had the same problem with my P30 Pro more so when the newer updates came out when they were moving away from google
notifications were important to me as I needed them for work purposes, ended up selling it and getting the Note 20 Ultra and its not missed and notification yet

Back