HumaxHD and SLX HDMI switch issues.

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
a lot of the older HD sets only have one HDMI socket, and with more and more equipment having HDMI outputs then HDMI switches are becoming more and more common.

on a job yesterday i was having a nightmare trying to get a picture on the screen, then noticed this SLX 3-1 remote controlled HDMI switch http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/SLX-3-way-HDMI-switch.html these are no good if you are planning on getting a humax HD freesat system, the humax remote commands conflict with the switch.

pressing the OK button on the freesat remote turns the switch to input 2
pressing 7 on the freesat remote turns the switch off

so if youre thinking of getting a HDMI switch to connect all your gear up, it might be worth either getting a manual switch, or one thats a different make to SLX

hope it helps somebody

dd

Hi craig what are the freesat humax HD recievers like. Are they easy to set up and can they be patched updated ect. And are the any good. As a couple of my customers have asked me about What HD reciever to get and I have told them That I will get back to them with a price. and what they are like.
I dont think the will stretch the TH6900 for free sat. LOL:proud:

the humaxHD receivers are brill bits of kit for the money m8, and theyre also the only freesat ones that come with a HDMI lead

there is a non-freesat mode that will find all available channels, which ads about another 100 channels just from sly, but then the EPG doesnt work

as for patches etc, most other humax boxes have somesort of 3rd party patch available, so i wouldnt be surprised if at some point in the future one appears for this receiver.

i have a freesat SD receiver, but am deffo going to get a humaxHD one as well just to play about with and see if i can break it lol

hope this helps m8

dd

PS, i wouldnt spend on a HD TM either, in my opinion theyre VERY overpriced

Back