Humax PVR Release Date (?)

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
seems the rumour is 1st July

twin tuner
320gb HDD

This is the 'rumour', but really its been a rumour since before freesat started and "pvr by the summer" was mentioned. Humax themselves said they wasnt ready to release a date as yet, but I'd expect the date to be delayed too. I'd say August will be more realistic.
Also, the humax firmware update that was pencilled in for todays date will now be sometime next week, to allow longer TTT ~tweak & testing time.

Btw, Hi-def 320gb pvr priced about £299 should be a nice option for freesat. Even better in time when prices come down below 250 though.

Last edited:
yeah £299 is a little to much and to soon (for me) after buying this setup

so personally I think most who have bought now will wait until christmas ot after to invest in the PVR

yeah £299 is a little to much and to soon (for me) after buying this setup

so personally I think most who have bought now will wait until christmas ot after to invest in the PVR

That's true in my case Rat, i can't justify buying one for at least a year..

I know I'm a dreamer but It would be great if use of the ethernet port to stream or the usb port for a hdd on the current humax box could be made available for recording.

Would reduce the need to purchase the pvr version so prob not in humax best interest!

Im sure streaming functions are not going to happen (only iplayer, kangaroo & catch-up services). Freesat is designed for simplicity.
If you want streaming, if you want complex set-ups, if you are intelligent enough to set up and use complicated sat & networking equipment, then there are various other products fully suitable for you already. You wont want a basic epg and simple box, it wont suit your needs.

Im sure streaming functions are not going to happen (only iplayer, kangaroo & catch-up services). Freesat is designed for simplicity.

I'd figured that would probably be the case, just seems a shame when the connections are available and you got to believe it would be possible!

If you want streaming, if you want complex set-ups, if you are intelligent enough to set up and use complicated sat & networking equipment, then there are various other products fully suitable for you already. You wont want a basic epg and simple box, it wont suit your needs.

I want I want I want! intelligent enough that a whole nother matter!

I already have a DM600PVR which does cover a fair bit and would buy an 800 for HD but the price seems a bit steep at the mo. Be Nice to have one Box that does it All.

What would be the recommended Third Party PVR Box for a HD Sat system that covers Freesat HD but could be customised with Ethernet n USB included, I'm more than happy to learn.

PM's welcome so as not to take this thread off topic.

Back