Humax FoxSat Problem Thread

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
first fault I have found is
when I go into Guide I get a screeching sound for about 20/30 seconds then it stops and you get the audio from channel whats on

hdmi connection

Hmm, keep messing about and it may settle down. Let the epg and guide software downlaod and sort itself out. Do a software update as well maybe? Although its probably already done.
Hopefully some teething probs will clear over the next few days.

yeah you are probley right P

notice I dont seem to have a full infobar either looking at screenshots Ive seen online
bottom is missing that gives info on 1080i,Dolby etc

but Ill wait and et epg kick in :)

Same here with the infobar Rat... Press the i button to get it,and i again for prog info..
unless you've worked it out already...

I'm not sure if it's the projector or the Humax but when switching from BBC HD to an SD channel I sometimes loose sound completely (HDMI). I simply press the v-format button to cycle round the formats and it's fine.

The obvious one is that the time in standby is an hour out!

the receiver should get its time from the signasl its receiving, some receivers have an option to allow daylight saving time, its possible this option may not be enabled and thats why its an hour out m8

ive not got one here to play with (yet) but i have seen this on other boxes

It's a bit bizzare, the times correct in the epg when the box is on! But an hour slow on the front LCD in standby. I'll take a closer look in the settings though.

I'm not having that prob rat. I don't have as many fancy icons but the the grey bar is there for me.

Edit: wear'd that post go?

seemed I jumped the gun m8 ( I deleted it lol as I posted they came on)
its all there now :)

seems all the icons aiint there on all channels all the time

got to BBCHD and you will see a few icons appear or press the info button like bob says :)

Re: standby LCD time there's nothing obvious in the standard settings.

Time setting only has Auto Power On n Off settings but that could be a good radio alarm clock, I'll have to check if uses the time from epg or LCD i'm late enough every where I go! lol

Ok guys, do a forced software download on your receivers. Humax have just released 1.00.05 and its now available via your dish :).
After you have the updated software i'd give it a decent while to test and let it all settle down.
See how things develope.

Thanks for the heads up pinkhelmets, i'm now showing the correct time in standby mode,(not that it was a problem).
It's usually gone back an hour by now....touch wood it's sorted.

Edit: It's still looking good...

Last edited:
Cheers Pink Update done, Standby Time fix sounds good.

Noticed a couple of settings I don't remember seeing previous:
1. HDCP Default (Enable/Disable)
2. Channel Guide Genre (Enable Disable)

My DHCP Server will allocate address n subnet but not router n dns and can't seem to add them manually, responds to a ping but not to telnet. (Just an aside I couldn't resist)

All positive stuff from m8s re: HD Quality n Humax seem to be on the ball Life could be worse.

Also noticed a new icon in the infobar on some channels (BBC HD being one of them).
It's a speech bubble with AD inside..not worked out what it is yet..

does anybody find the upscaling of none HD channels very poor the picture seems blured and flat(ie the football game this evening on itv1), but the same channel from the cable V+ box looks spot on, but on HD channels like bbchd its a fantatic picture as good as the V+ box in HD.

Could this be just a bad sat box or am I just expecting to much from the box

Cheers
Sega

Also noticed a new icon in the infobar on some channels (BBC HD being one of them).
It's a speech bubble with AD inside..not worked out what it is yet..

Audio Description

am i right in thinking that the humax foxsat hd stb should display the time when in standby mode , as all i get when iput it in standby is the red standby light at the top of the lcd display , have tried changing settings in various places , but still no time appears , btw i am on the latest software 1.00.05

dave_c

In the setting menu other, turn power saving in standby to off. Time should then be displayed in standby

Back