Huawei phone no camera icon home page

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So you would imagine losing your camera icon would be a simple process, apps, add to home screen ? , oh no, not on the P8 lite 2017. For some reason I've lost the camera icon. I don't use the EMU Launcher just the standard homepage launcher. I've checked to see if I have dragged into another to make a folder and in apps I can't see any option to add the icon to my main home page.

Someone mentions make a new page the "zoom in" to see the hidden icons, I can't zoom. Is there anyway to get the camera icon back to the main page , driving me insane keep going into apps for it .

Not some phone but on mine i go to all my apps then long press on that app, move slightly then the screens appear then drag and drop to IE home page.

Or long press on home page then it might give you the option to add apps/widgets etc

I've got the Mate 10 Pro, and I can 'double-click' the Vol down button to open the camera. Try that, if it works you won't need it on the home screen.

After spending an hour looking and trying I decided to go on live chat at Huawei. I then spent 30minutes getting advise and non worked. Basically you have Standard and Drawer setup, drawer been were you get the icon were you press and all your apps appear then you can drag them out. I prefer to use standard layout were all your apps are on scroll pages, that's how I've used my phone for donkeys.

So normally in standard you make a folder by joining 2 icons into one then in the folder select add + then select camera but for some unknown reason camera was not there. In the end the technician gave up and said I will have to reset 6the phone which I did, It must have been a glitch of some sort

I use Nova launcher you can have scroll left to right pages or up and down

Nova

Back