Huawei E220 and Windows 7

fletcher

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi Guys, has anyone experienced the problem with the Huawei E220 (3 Mobile Broadband Dongle). I can use it in any of my computers except the one running windows 7 (64bit).

It loads and runs for about 3 minutes, and then the computer crashes, I have done a general search on the internet, and there are plenty of problems listed with sugested links for updated drivers, but when I click on the links, they are all dead.

I have just ordered a switch from BT to Talk Talk, and I am fully expecting to lose service along the way, so really need this sorting out before the switch date. All help appreciated.

Fletcher

I think the issue on the using a Huawei e220 wireless card under windows 7 64bit is down to the fact that the driver aprently needs to write data which it is not allowed to unless the connection manager is run in administrative mode. So Run the connection manager as Administrator by right clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator".

You also have to run the 64bit driver :S as well.
It is called "3Connect 2.0 BL62" which you can gat from the Danish 3.dk website but maybe it can be located else where .

Back